Hilarious "wardrobe worksheet" in new YPA book!

by cedars 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods
    a boy (Mike) slaps a girl (Judy) out of jealousy, when Mike catches Judy talking to another boy. Both Mike and Judy give their reactions to the slapping incident.

Let me guess - Judy says that she liked it and would like to have another, please...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, you know, Cedars, that when "Mike" and "Judy" are married - in a kingdom hall, of course - that "Judy" won't be able to get any help from the elders when "Mike" slaps her around after they're married...

The elders WILL tell "Judy" that she needs to be a better "Christian" wifey, however, and that "Mike" might stop slapping her around if she showed more "fruits of the spirit"...

Bleah....

• crazycate
    crazycate

Cedars: Not just brothers. Sisters can't wear denim skirts. Crazy, crazy, crazy!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not a high control group then?

• minimus
    minimus

My mom told me that last night an ex-elder's daughter was announced as no longer being a JW.....If only these helpful worksheets were available before she began to turn bad.

• crazycate
    crazycate

Cantleave: Not a high control group then? Exactly!

• cedars
    cedars

James - It appears you and I have a similar train of thought! It doesn't appear to have been THAT kind of slap, although no real details are given about the location and ferocity of the slap... Mike says it's okay because he's apologised, Judy has forgiven him, it's all very strange....

• crazycate
    crazycate

And Cedars, thanks for pointing out that worksheet...I think I'll have a little fun with my kids tonight.

• cedars
    cedars

crazycate - my pleasure! I think "fun" is about the only thing you CAN have with it!!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James - It appears you and I have a similar train of thought! It doesn't appear to have been THAT kind of slap, although no real details are given about the location and ferocity of the slap... Mike says it's okay because he's apologised, Judy has forgiven him, it's all very strange....

You know, I was taught from day one (way before the witnesses got my folks) that it was wrong to hit a girl for ANY reason - and I did not even have a watchtower worksheet. Now, tell me this - does that book have a worksheet on avoiding self-abuse?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit