Hilarious "wardrobe worksheet" in new YPA book!

by cedars 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Fair enough, far be it from me to argue with a dragon! Besides, apart from it being slightly provocative I don't think you have anything to worry about....

• crazycate
    crazycate

Did you see the brochure on how to dress to visit Bethel? Someone there hates denim.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heck, sometimes I even wear a bow tie...

Doesn't Santa look happy, with me on his knee??

• ziddina
  • cedars
    cedars

ziddina - it appears your scales are chafing him...

crazycate - the "what to wear at bethel" pamphlet was indeed atrocious. In fact I wouldn't mind getting hold of one, as I'm sure they'll be limited edition by now. You're right, the rule of thumb appears to be "denim is strictly for building kingdom halls, at ALL other times brothers should wear their cream slacks with pride".

n.b. thanks for the link - I've just seen the scans. My life is now complete! It truly is shocking stuff....

• minimus
    minimus

What micro-managers!!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

My GAWD - when I read the OP, I thought you had made it up as a work of humorous satire!

• cedars
    cedars

minimus - very true. The sad thing is you can bet some parents will be taking this very seriously and running off photocopies for every time these discussions arise.

james_woods - I GENUINELY wish I had made it up!!

Another strange and bizarre worksheet is that found on page 209 "What would you do?" It features a bizarre scenario in which a boy (Mike) slaps a girl (Judy) out of jealousy, when Mike catches Judy talking to another boy. Both Mike and Judy give their reactions to the slapping incident. The reader is asked to draw meaningful conclusions about their relationship. It's seriously creepy stuff....

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Haha... i remember reading that leaflet and thinking it was so gay! Im gonna show the scans to my dad! HAHA!!!

He will laugh! xxx

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

WOW! The borg has to control everything

Has the society addressed whether it is proper to stand or stay seated when men pee?

I am surprised they have not come out with a male only and female only "handbook"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit