Hilarious "wardrobe worksheet" in new YPA book!

by cedars 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Marked to email to SD-7 later today.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Scully - you clearly know more on this subject than I do, so I will happily give you the benefit of the doubt. The problem, as I see it, is there ARE Witness families out there who will take this too far. I can think of examples of families from my childhood (thankfully not my own) that were extremely regimented and would have leapt on this worksheet as an opportunity to make life harder for their children. I am sure there will be families in the organization where that will be the case. I feel the basic message of the worksheet can be conveyed in a few simple sentences conveying the need to negotiate on such matters, rather than implying that the stocking of a teenager's wardrobe should be monitored with business-like efficiency. That's just how I feel.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

This is my first hearing about the worksheet and I don't see anything wrong with the worksheet especially if you have teenagers and difficulty communicating with them. Teenagers still need the guidance and direction of their parents. Without guidance and parenting, teenage girls (irrespective of religion) may wear inappropriate clothing for a number of reasons. The worksheet is just a communication tool for those that may need it.

I've taken female teenage relatives shopping, while I didn't use the worksheet, I can see the value in it. I don't think it has anything to do with being a high-control group.

Edited to add:

Just read the whole thread. Should have just posted "Ditto on what Scully said"

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aouw man!!

I don't know how current teenaged thinking goes, but if anyone had tried this with me when I was a teenager - in the early '70's - I would have considered them the most clueless dweebs around...

Zid

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    He treated her like a princess...

... from one of Grimm's Fairy tales!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fred Franz endorses the WBT$ Wardrobe Work Sheet..

The WBT$ Wardrobe Work Sheet..Helped my mom dress me real nice..

Then I re-wrote the Bible..

So There!..

http://orthocath.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/frederickwilliamfranz-atbrooklynbethel.png

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Scully
    Scully

OUTLAW

Maybe being a blind person, Freddie made up that Wardrobe Worksheet™ to help his handlers get him dressed for the day, because we all know he didn't want to be too attractive to the opposite sex....

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay...

• cedars
    cedars

It is a shocking combo.

Suddenly the Society's obsession with cream slacks doesn't appear so bad...

• erbie
    erbie

Yes Outlaw, and re-write it he did. Along with a load of other S#1+.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay........Scully

Oh Freddy ..

Your mom Dress`s you nice and..

You Re-wrote the Bible!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit