Hilarious "wardrobe worksheet" in new YPA book!

by cedars 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

An amusing quote from the "slapgate" worksheet (this is before the slapping began):

"Michael and Judy have been seeing each other for three months, and Judy says she's "hopelessly in love." Michael dotes on her constantly - even telling her how to dress and with whom she can and cannot associate. He treated her like a princess......"

Sure, THAT'S how you treat your lady like a princess, tell her who she can and can't associate with, and what to wear! Incredible stuff...

• cedars
    cedars

james_woods - I was also taught to never hit girls, and it served me well. My sister tended to take advantage of that rule mind you...

Believe it or not, there is actually a "worksheet locator" at the back of the YPA 1 book, but no sign of a self abuse worksheet in this particular publication, at least at first glance...

• james_woods
    james_woods

even telling her how to dress and with whom she can and cannot associate.

But, isn't that OK? Isn't that what the Governing Body does to the witness membership?

• cofty
    cofty

Mike says it's okay because he's apologised, Judy has forgiven him, it's all very strange....

That's just weird. If my daughter's boyfriend hit her in anger for any reason he better start running. His problem would be even worse if she told her big brother about it.

• cedars
    cedars

But, isn't that OK? Isn't that what the Governing Body does to the witness membership?

Very true, I'm not sure that it's quite how you treat a woman like a princess though. I was thinking more romantic walks, candle-lit dinners, flowers...??

I'm not sure the Society's idea of treating your lady like a "princess" would go down well with Mrs Cedars, put it that way...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I was thinking more romantic walks, candle-lit dinners, flowers...??

But only if you have an elder to chaperone you...perhaps they need a pre-date and post-date worksheet as well.

• cedars
    cedars

Here's page 209 in full:

>what would you do?

Michael and Judy have been seeing each other for three months, and Judy says she's "hopelessly in love." Michael dotes on her constantly - even telling her how to dress and with whom she can and cannot associate. He treated her like a princess - until last week. Michael slapped Judy after she was "caught" talking to another boy.

He says: "Judy should know that I'm terrified of losing her. In fact, the thought of another guy stealing my girlfriend just drives me crazy! I feel bad about slapping Judy. But that's how much I can't bear to see her even look at someone else. Besides, I apologized!"

She says: "My parents say Mike is controlling, but he just has high standards. I mean, he's never tried to force me to do anything sexually. And when he slapped me - which I didn't tell my parents about - well, I was talking to another boy. And Mike gets jealous, which I sometimes find flattering. Anyway, he said he's sorry, and he promised he'd never do it again."

Your turn: Do you see warning signs in this relationship? If so, what are they?..........................................................

What should Judy do?............................................................................

What would you do?..................................................................

• cofty
    cofty

What should Judy do?...

Run Judy run!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...but no sign of a self abuse worksheet in this particular publication, at least at first glance..." (Cedars)

I nominate SD-7 to write up a "self-abuse" worksheet for the board... [Since he's good at producing spoofs!!]

• lohengren
    lohengren

You know the rules, Laticia. According to article 3, item 2 of the Jones Family Code, for any new garment purchases to be considered for financing you must first fill in your side of the wardrobe worksheet, then your mother and I fill in our side of the wardrobe worksheet, then we pray about it and come to a harmonious decision having referred to the scriptures for guidance.

This is pure gold

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit