• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This is great. Loving every moment.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cedars - Great Slogan!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is all great, but we have generations still in that have it ingrained to shun us no matter what new light comes out. all the same, I would offer my heartiest nose thumbing and a rousing NEENER NEENER to the organization and all the b****rds that are running it.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I think that for the majority of witnesses a softening up stance on the shunning issue will be a relief for many.

• dozy
    dozy

If it's gone this far, it's serious. The Brits don't mess around.

Hmm - you don't live in the UK , right?

I wish I was so optimistic. The problem in the UK is that there is a long tradition of freedom of speech & religion. The WTBTS would doubtless claim that all they were doing was quoting from scripture and that the state is intervening in theological & doctrinal matters and internal religious procedures.

Having said that , the fact that doubtless WTBTS reps are being interviewed by the police should certainly make them stop & consider the language they use in these kind of articles. If that means that (publically at least) they tone down the rhetoric against faded / DFd JWs , then that is a positive move. Especially if it cuts a bit of slack for those of us who are used to the knee jerk reaction from relatives every time there is one of these articles in the Watchtower.

Well done to everybody concerned in this campaign.

As a sideline , at least we don't live in Iran (though doubtless the WTBTS wishes so...) http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/christian-pastor-in-iran-faces-execution-for-apostasy/story-e6frf7jx-1226151114178

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

http://topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TAGJUK4HUF418PITV Interesting views expressed by the jw's here. 'Mentally diseased' being used as, IMO, a derogatory hate term. And the sense of delight expressed by the OP... Sick.

• wobble
    wobble

I wonder where Topix is based ? can they not be prosecuted for what they are allowing to be posted ? Fomenting hatred even on the Internet can be illegal in some countries.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Very good news for the Brits!

Funny how different countries wheels turn differently... two newspapers and police investigate, yet in australia nobody is interested in the unthank case. What i mean is not us, but the media and the law have had to be dragged kicking and screaming to look at the activities of the WT here.

So i hope you fare much better over there guys.

oz

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Interesting that my niece linked the article on to Facebook and each time I commented, the comments disappeared....Either a nerdy jw was playing censor, or those conspiracy theories about the org trawling Facebook may be true. It was definitely a hack, as some of the comments were finally left but the way it was done was to make my comments look loony.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Sorry I'm late . . . awesome news cantleave . This has really triggered a nerve . . . good to see the troops in action.

All of this is helping things in ways you can't imagine . . . there could yet be more to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit