Some JWs are exhibiting signs of violence because of WT hate speech. Read the threat to me and others posted at Topix yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That remark, "the messenger deserves to be shot" brings to mind the 'hate' remarks the Society has used in the past, without hesitation. For example,

"...in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." (W 7-15-61- p420)

-- And --

"...a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness." (W 10-1-93 p19)

The real problem with these remarks is that the WTS considers anyone who has left the organization, even for good reasons, or who disagrees with any Watchtower teaching, to be "inseparably linked to badness", and must therefore be "hated".

Even though such strong language isn't always used, the seitiment of 'hating the person' is clearly there, as recent 'mentally diseased' articles show.

Sadly, this rubs off on Jehovah's Witnesses who are constantly subjected to this kind of rhetoric. The result is that otherwise good people end up making viscous, hateful, remarks like those Barbara received.

Being away from the Watchtower is sooo refreshing!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hello Barb. Im so sorry you had to go through this unerving incident.

You MUST contact the police. Even if, as you say, they "dont do anything", it WILL be kept on file and given a case number.

Directing a comment at you that involves being shot is serious.

Please tell the police.

Love Paula x

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

We love you Barb & want you to be safe...........bless you for showing us the true character of the WBTS.

Please talk to the police just so they are aware.

Hoab

• cantleave
    cantleave

Babs,

Take Care!

I was a bit reticent to have my name used in the article, but thought it was necessary as everything else was anonymous. So far no-one has come out of the woodwork.

• inbetween
    inbetween

there was an article some years ago about the question, what constitutes the unforgivable sin, and it was kind of hinted (or even expressed clearly) that those who attack the slave (apostates e.g.) would fall into that category.

So in the mind of JW, people like Barb Anderson or Randy Watters etc are all guilty of the unforgiveable sin, have to look for this article at home..

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

booked

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

@inbetween- Watchtower 7/15 2007 page 20 par.20 "Any who fear that they have sinned against the holy spirit might ask themselves: 'Have I blasphemed against the holy spirit?..Am I an apostate who has rejected spiritual light?'. Very likely, such individuals will realize that they have not blasphemed against God's holy spirit, nor have they become apostates."

• nugget
    nugget

I am sorry for you to have received such an unpleasant message. It is very distressing to be targeted in this way and I would urge you to report this. The witnesses hide behind the religious rights stating they have the right to say these things because no one acts on them, however as soon as it can be shown that the words are having an effect on their followers then a line is crossed towards the criminal.

Keep safe for every bigoted mind controled person out there there are thousands of grateful people.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Sadly, this rubs off on Jehovah's Witnesses who are constantly subjected to this kind of rhetoric. The result is that otherwise good people end up making viscous, hateful, remarks like those Barbara received.

Aha! . . . this statement is a crucial point IMO. Any hateful statements made in direct response to recent happenings need to be captured and collated. It's the very proof required to show that this ongoing use of hate-speech DOES HAVE RESULTS.

It's the proof of the pudding . . . and could be vital moving forward.

Copy and paste everything you find . . . complete with sources.

• nugget
    nugget

Sizemik have you collected the JW posts off the independent article?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit