Some JWs are exhibiting signs of violence because of WT hate speech. Read the threat to me and others posted at Topix yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yesterday, I opened a Topix account so I could post the information about Watch Tower representatives attending the political OCSE meeting in Poland for two weeks and the proof that they are an NGO. One of the posters responded with these words:

"Barbs-info," eh? Then you would be the morally bankrupt, libeling opportunist Barbara Anderson, correct?

He then went on to make many false statements about me.

Then another poster wrote this:

Shoot the messenger, not the message huh?

That is usually the best JW apologists can do.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TU09UVPE91M1MCQEK

Then my critic went on to say,

My criticisms of the morally bankrupt, libeling opportunist that's calling herself, "barbs-info" go beyond, "shooting the messenger."

However, when the messenger is DISHONEST, and supports dishonest people and groups - Bill Bowen, Dateline, Randall Watters, AJWRB et al
    - then the messenger deserves to be shot.

Yes, hate speech does incite threats of violence and I'm so happy that Cedars and the other posters involved were able to alert the media and the police to this situation and now the message of what we former JWs have been up against for too long is getting good press coverage. If Watch Tower leaders don't stop publishing vile things about XJWs, it's only a matter of time before someone does get hurt by some JWs who are obsessed by their religion.

Barbara

• N.drew
    N.drew

Peace Barbara! It's not only JWs who are speaking out for the Watchtower. It's friends of JWs who do. They don't even know what JWs teach, but JWS are good friends and such fine people that the opposers (us) of evil doctrine are viewed in a very bad light by "good" people everywhere. I provided a link to http://www.christianwitnesses.com/ this news sight by a former brother on facebook and got pummeled by a friend of a JW "friend". She called herself Christian and had nothing good to say, only that I am spreading lies, and don't I have anything better to do?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Be safe! That's terrible.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Barbara that is terrible. The governing body is responsible for this culture of hate. It is only going to get worse as the pressure builds on the organisation.

I would not hesitate to report that threat. If it originated in Europe it would lead to an arrest. Be safe, we appreciate all you do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Barb!..

As Pressure mounts against the WBT$..

JW`s are going to get alot more aggressive..

Your High Profile..

You need to call the police if your threatened..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Barb,

You are the courageous one who has put herself out there with your unflinching reporting on all things Watchtower. Unfortunately this has made you a target for the unstable element within the JW ranks.

So far these are just empty threats. However should rhetoric escalate into actual violence against ex JWs the WT Society will sit back and refuse to take responsibility for their part in whipping up the mentally unstable to action. I would truly hate to see anything bad happen to you and your husband. However I fear that some sort of violence is inevitable against former JWs. I beg you please watch your back. Don't hesitate to call the authorities should anything be suspicious. Don't let your voice be silenced. You are guaranteed the right of freedom of speech by the Constitution.

You are one of my heroes. Please don't be intimidated by morons.

Reopened Mind

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Barbara that is terrible. The governing body is responsible for this culture of hate. It is only going to get worse as the pressure builds on the organisation.

This statement resonated with me, bohm, because I have struggled as to where I stand on the issue of member personal responsibility. The fact is that it can be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have had considerable influence on the lives of the members of the Watchtower. What did they do with the decades of time they had with them? They merely kept feeding hate, almost like it was a fuel. They ignored reason, in my opinion, because they were too interested in concealing their own imperfections while focusing on the flaws of others. In the meantime their imperfections, masquerading as perfections, were hurting and killing human life and at the very least furthing hate.

-Sab

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow! Sorry you had that happen to you. It goes to show how frustrated the Witnesses really are getting. So much for the "Happiest people on Earth" I have noticed many times though that when someone threatens another, it is often because of an issue they are trying to deal with themselves so they lash out with threats. I am glad the police are involved because of the severity of the threat they posted.

More and more JW's seem to be getting violent nowadays. I would hate to see what would happen if the Watchtower came along with more "New Light", something major that was just the thing to push many over the edge. Scary thought.

Sending positive thoughts to you for your safety!

• Quandry
    Quandry

The frustration level is rising.

They are stuck constantly defending the indefensible, and the only thing they are equipped to come back with is "It's all lies." This is, of course, the WTS party line and has been since the first accusation again CT Russell and his "miracle wheat."

It must be hard for them to see so many joining the ranks of those who have left the org. after really examining the facts presented.

Please take care.

• metatron
    metatron

Jehovah's Witnesses are far more skilled in shunning than in displaying love. As this hate speech intensifies, you'll hear more accounts of Witnesses doing hateful, violent things.

Remember that Witnesses clubbed and beat Catholic Action people In Madison Square Garden, after being deliberately supplied with steel tipped canes for that purpose. Those who felt otherwise were called 'pussies' by Rutherford.

This event was long ago but the spirit behind it is still lurking and waiting to explode. With the Governing Body preaching intolerance and hate, it's just a matter of time now.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit