Some JWs are exhibiting signs of violence because of WT hate speech. Read the threat to me and others posted at Topix yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• clarity
    clarity

Sorry this happened to you.

Do you remember how we were told that the worldly people would get violent, and every man's hand would be against his brother?

Isn't it strange that as soon as some opposition comes against them ... they are the ones getting violent!!!!

Ugly cult.

clarity

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

This is disturbing Barbara. But you are right, this is where hate speech leads when it reaches the fringe and the unstable. Be safe.

NC

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Dear Barb,

Please if you haven't already tell the authorities and they can trace the JWbully's account, their ISP can and will comply if the authorities step in.

Reading his comments to you it's obvious he's well acquainted with other prominent exJW's names. So this tells us he's not following the GB's admonition to stay away from apostate sites.

I wish your peace, Barb, you've done a lot of good to expose the abuses in the WT religion. You deserve respect and thanks.

My best wishes for you and safety as well.

BnyByt

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Thanks everyone for expressing your concerns. I'm concerned too, not only for myself, but for the others mentioned. I did lodge a complaint to the Topix administrators and mentioned the newspapers in England, etc., reporting on the hate speech used in WT literature that is enflaming the Witnesses towards former members.

I also posted a comment about the hateful words used on Topix in the Independent newspaper comments section just a few minutes ago. I really don't know who else to notify about the threat. I don't think going to my local police would do any good; any specific directional information would be helpful.

And thank you for your kind words towards any efforts I've made over the years to inform. I suppose all I do is validate to people that their suspicions about the WT are correct and I'm grateful that I can do that. This board also validates, but it's great asset is to offer support. There are literally thousands leaving the WT and it's good that you all are here for many of them. Also, it's wonderful that so many newly out of the organization are activists informing others about WT's practices that inflict so much harm on people's lives, especially the kids.

Thank you for being there for me and giving me support when I need it too.

Barbara

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your information is always awesome and helpful, Barb. Watch your back.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Absolutely notify the authorities, Barbara...

Immediately!!

However, the fact that their violent rhetoric is escalating into threats of physical violence, doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I've been expecting it.

Every time I've read one of those "Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Would Drink the KoolAide?" threads, my underlying thought was, "No, but they'd try to make US drink it!" And then there were those Watchtower Corporation articles about how the ancient Israelites would STONE unbelieving tribal members to DEATH...

Hate speech can eventually lead to hateful acts.

Please be safe.

Zid

• sizemik
    sizemik

I saw your comment Barbara . . . and offered a supporting comment (we took it past the 1000 BTW)

I honestly don't think there is any substance to the threat. Plenty of rabid JW's feel this way . . . this one was just dumb enough to say it thereby validating our accusation against them.

I think we should all feel a glow of satisfaction instead . . . that this exposure is hurting them . . . and hopefully encouraging some to step forward and face the truth about this Organisation.

Congrats to you and Joe for your incredible courage and tenacity all these years . . . it's we who owe you the thanks.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The anger is upsetting, but very telling...when people can't respond rationally to things, they get angry. Every time. When I confronted my dad, he got angry. The more truth you are revealing, the deeper it cuts, the deeper the anger. I for one, welcome it, because it's proof that WT apologists are seriously off their game (though that does make one wonder, when were they ever? Decades ago?).

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I think you, Barbara and Joe, have stirred up a hornets' nest inside the WTBTS. We can only expect overly zealot JWs to loose their cool because they can't handle the truth about the 'Truth'.

The work you and many others do in exposing this counterfeit organization is paying off!

Barbara, Joe, Randy, Blondie, Lee, Team Simon, Marvin and the many other contributors........keep up the good work!

Its' going to be a site to see when the WTBTS implodes due to its' own flip-flops.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hey "Flying Gabriel," I appreciated your thoughtful words in the 1,000th post. I think I was 996th post.

Yep, it looks like I'm good at stirring up the hornet's nest inside the secret confines of the Lord's organization. I'm not too fond of hornets because they sting. Sure hope that I don't get stung too badly by the hit-men (lawyers) of WT land. If they do try to sting, I can always sting back. They might have the money, but they have no idea what my stinger consists of and how damaging it might be.

With that ominous tone, I'll say good night.

Barbara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit