"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Thanks Cedars!!

CoC

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I'm reposting the link here to make it accesible to others who may not have read the other pages or have time to read them at all.

CoC

P.S. For those that don't know, click on the word 'here' up above.

• Jesuit Scholar
    Jesuit Scholar

As I read this thread and other discussions regarding the "Mentally Diseased" article, I first would like to say that I am in deep admiration for all those who are organizing and speaking out. It is truly touching and I hope that it has the desired effect, that many many people become aware of the abuse to so many who are suffering, and, like all abuse victims, are being intimidated and controlled by fear of speaking out or 'telling others' about the abuse.

For those on here who still profess to be Christians, I would like to add to this by pointing out that when Jesus spoke truth to the controlling, tradition filled, rule oriented religious zealots of his time, John 10:19, 20 says, " Again a division resulted among the Jews because of these words. Many of them were saying: “He has a demon and is mad. Why do YOU listen to him?” (NWT) The Spanish translation of NWT uses the word 'loco' or crazy instead of mad.

I feel in good company then if, when speaking truth to this group of self-rightious men, I am being called 'crazy' or mad.

Regardless and however, this DOES NOT justify it. In this context, I view it as a serious violation of Human Rights, even criminal, and those at the helm who initiate this behavior, disgusting and damaging, and force those in authority below them to perpetuate it, should be held accountable!

To those who are spearheading this, keep up the great work! It has only just begun.

• Jesuit Scholar
    Jesuit Scholar

By the way, I have no religious affiliation. "Jesuit Scholar" is a misnomer referring to the work of translation of Bible text. I like history and doing research.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Jesuit Scholar . . . well said . . . and a warm welcome to the Forum.

• clarity
    clarity

bryant mathews ... glad that you are enthusiastic about this project, but in future could you use your own words for your "comments" or perhaps at least use brackets " " to show that you are using a quote. Quoting my words in fact, from the post .. "Todays Watchtower Really Bothered Me" .. comments!

bryant mathews 2 hours ago

Here is the biggest problem with such an article and this being allowed to exist in a religion...The message it sends to kids. A child needs to be able to count on and trust his parents no matter what to have his or her back. The jehovah's witnesses with teachings like this show there children that a parents love is conditional.
    Now all your young sons and daughters know for sure that your so called love is not special, they're not loved for who they are, mom & dad's love is conditional!
    Mommy, daddy, all the elders & jehovah only love little johnny IF ................ they think and act like everybody else at the kh!
    Is it any wonder that the kids are depressed!!!
    This society is so blood guilty ... suicide rate of jw youths is high!
    The minute they rebel as youths do .... we totally abandon them ...... SHUN them!!When are you jw parents going to STICK-UP for your kids, instead of bowing to whims of those behind the scenes gangsters??You are idolaters!!!SHAME on you, for shunning your flesh and blood! Flag c

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Simply excellent.

• clarity
    clarity

Re: Today's Watchtower Lesson Really Bothered Me... posted a day ago (9/26/2011)

Post 1146 of 1149
    Since 8/9/2010

Way to go watchtower!

Now all your young sons and daughters know for sure that your so called love is not special, they're not loved for who they are, mom & dad's love is conditional!

Mommy, daddy, all the elders & jehovah only love little johnny IF ................ they think and act like everybody else at the kh!

Is it any wonder that the kids are depressed!!!

This society is so blood guilty ... suicide rate of jw youths is high!

We let them die as babies by withholding medical treatment, then we make them carry around a suicide card in their wallets. Then the minute they rebel as youths do .... we totally abandon them ...... SHUN them!!!

I have hate tonight.

clarity

edited to add: when are you jw parents going to STICK-UP for your kids, instead of bowing to whims of those gangsters??

You are idolaters!!!

edited again: SHAME on you, for shunning your flesh and blood!

• Gayle
    Gayle

JesuitScholar,,we've only just begun. thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI

• DT
    DT

Try Googling "mentally diseased" and see how many of the results are about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit