"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gladring
    Gladring

Just nipped out to get a copy of the Independent. It's not just a small side note, it's a full half page article.

Well done for getting the attention, I know how hard it can be to get media interest in this stuff.

I've also forwarded a link for the Independent article to a contact I have who works with Irish newspapers. Maybe we can attract some interest here too.

• sizemik
    sizemik

@lovelylil . . . if you have a f/b, google, or twitter a/c I think you can post using that and it will post immediately.

@Gladring . . . nice going . . . include the Telegraph and IBT link as well

• Gladring
    Gladring

An interesting comment on the Independent online article:

It would be an interesting issue if raised in a child custody case - that the parent remaining in the church regards his/her departing spouse as "'mentally diseased'," - "seeking to infect others with the" disease - and teaching children vis-a-vis the departing parent "not receive them into our homes or greet them."

I would be inclined to think that a judge facing proof the this was the doctrine of the church of which a parent seeking to retain custody - or even have unsupervised access and visitation would take a very poor view of. Indeed, it likely would tip the balance against the Jehovah's witness parent.

In previous discussions about the offending article, it was mentioned that police/ human rights officials stated that unless the article led to discrimination then no action could be taken. I wonder if it's only a matter of time before this comes out?

• Anony Mous
  • lovelylil
    lovelylil

sizemik,

I don't have any of those. But last night My comments posted right away, now I was told to wait. I will see what happens. But thanks for that information. Lilly

• sizemik
    sizemik

The Independent now has 384 comments . . . and some great comments too!

• sizemik
    sizemik

lovelylil . . . it may be a response to volume . . . be nice to think so. If it is, then even unpublished comments will be having an effect. I hope yours is published however . . . sounds like you put some work into it.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I hope so too sizemik. Am off to work, I will check in later to see if its up.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

went to bed last night there were 40 comments check now there are 400. keep them coming.

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks for jumping in there, Size. David needs a smackdown!

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit