"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nugget
    nugget

thanks sizemik I have been trying to keep the topic on task otherwise it can be hijacked by all sorts of issues. Although it has been useful to let people know how to become a do not call that is not really the focus of this.

It has been extremely enlightening to see the JW, exJW and non JW responses to the article and there is a nice body of evidence building showing that JWs artitudes are moulded by what they read. I have been very disappointed by their tone and their arguments.

No official line from Bethel but then that is unlikely to happen.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I made a suggestion on page 9 of this thread about posting a reminder to faithful dubs about the society's direction regarding not posting on these types of blogs.

Well after rereading the article in The Independent, I realized that that direction was already reposted there by the writer of the article.

So if these apologists have read this, and are aware of it, and attended the meeting that discussed it, how can they brazenly condemn "apostates" of having their own ideas, while going contrary 'to the the things they have been taught' by responding to that article?

My two cents. ***Confusion suddenly sets in***

CoC

• nugget
    nugget

Because it is a news article they probably feel it is like witnessing to a worldly person. However they are activiely engaging with the mentally diseased so who knows they may now be contagious. We can only hope

• nugget
    nugget

article is back in the number 1 spot

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Yes nugget. That's my point. Per the WTS, they are potentially being infected by adding their comments to this article, knowing good and well that there are "mentally diseased" people also commenting on it.

Say it loud and proud - DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

CoC

• Heaven
    Heaven

Thanks, rebel8. I posted a comment and I think I voted 'No' in the poll. Is there anyway you can tell if my vote was posted? Thanks.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    there is a nice body of evidence building showing that JWs artitudes are moulded by what they read. . . . nugget

If we are active on the site, it's good to remember that some of the more extreme comments are being removed occasionally . . . so it wouldn't hurt to capture them to a file if you see any. Just a thought.

• life is to short
    life is to short

What you did ceders is so huge thank you.

LITS

• Cadellin
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Cedars!!

GREAT work!!

(in my frustration dealing with - figuring out - the mechanics of the site, I forgot to say...)

THANK YOU!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit