Are YOU a Believer, Atheist, Agnostic, Active JW or WHAT?

by Greybeard 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Sorry if this has been asked before but I would love to know the current ratio on this forum.

I'm a Believer/Christian former JW for 45 years... born in

What are you now and what were you?

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

I was born a JW. About a year ago I converted to Christianity. The Judgemental Hate I learned as a JW is so far from what I learn now. It doesn't even come close to the Christian Non-Judgemental Love I experience. If JW's taught Christianity, they took Christ right out of it! I do enjoy hearing all sides though. peaceAll paulnotsaul

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi! I am a believer, Christian, was a Jehovah's Witness for 18 years. I got the JW message as a result of the door to door preaching.

I am not a member of any church. I study the Bible on my own, I believe it is God's word, not literal, it's spiritual.

• talesin
    talesin

born-in, atheist for decades, but have always practiced 'the golden rule'

t

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I was a bornin, baptised but never spiritual minded, hated 90 percent of my time in the borg.

Never was a christian in the true sense, don't believe in the christian god or anyother mainstream gods.

Does a god/creator exist? I don't know, man has yet to search under every rock in or out of the universe.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I was raised a witness from the early age of 8. Got baptised and 13 and bought the religion hook, line and sinker. I am now 43, been out for a little over 3 years. Truly can't see myself in another organized religion. I am agnostic.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was born and raised Jewish. Started studying with the witnesses when I was 18, got baptized when I was 20.

Attended meetings for the last time in 2005, sent in my last FS report in 2006.

Since then I've lost interest in the Bible, no longer believe in much of it-seems all I learned is now just academic to me. My beliefs and views seem to fluctuate often but I am leaning towards agnostic. Have no interest in joining any religion, but am still interested in wt publications- strange huh?

sorry-this double posted.

• factfinder
  • love2Bworldly
  • mindseye
    mindseye

was born-in but unbaptized. now I'm an existentialist/agnostic/gnostic/zen buddhist/taoist (subject to change ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit