SERIOUSLY is there one JW publication that you thought was good?

by TimothyT 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

The Bible. You can hit me, if you want to.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

None. Greatest Man didn't completely suck. Mankind's Search wasn't as horrible as one would imagine. But I liked none of them. Several gave me nightmares, some were offensive, some were just dumb and boring. Although the MS one gave some good public speaking pointers.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks for your comments everbody... this is quite interesting to see which books were popular!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Well, I thought the old TMS Guide book was brilliant as a hand book for those needing to become public speakers. I have often thought of stripping out the bible references and marketing it

as a teach yourself speaking/presenting manual. The replacement is overblown and is not a patch on the old "guide book". If there is one thing you mature students now seeking higher education

can thank dub-land for it is the ability to speak to an audience without soiling your underwear.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sorry Quendi I should have read the thread better. On a commercial note, when the "Truth" book came out I got a carton at the assembly. You couldn't get them for love or money. I used to fish a few more out every day and come back with cash. I called it "blue gold".

• Violia
    Violia

Commentary on James. I have kept it b/c it is a pleasant read.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I am now ashamed to admit to this, but once I thought Is the Bible Really the Word of God to be a very good book (until I learned otherwise!)

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit