SERIOUSLY is there one JW publication that you thought was good?

by TimothyT 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

"Mankind's Search for God" was at least informative - I actually learned a few things. Well, the 30-40% of it that didn't have the standard JW spin in it was informative, anyway.

That brochure with all the maps is kind of useful, although nothing you couldn't find in seconds via Google.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do you mean "thought", or "still think"?

At the time I thought that The Aid Book was wonderful, I could read it for pleasure. I found its replacement "Insight Book" rather awkward in 2 vols . I admit that at the time I lapped up the "Creation" book - I did know then about the miss quotes.

Now?? ..Er none of them, because all of them from the big ones to children's books perpetuate one big lie, even if parts of them are useful.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Jeez Punk; Cosmic rays, antimatter, space travel. When did all this happen? I gotta get out more.

• blondie
    blondie

I liked the GM book as well, no question, paragraph, question, paragraph approach. The WTS talks very little about Jesus, the focus is all on "Jehovah" and the organization.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I liked Mankind's Search for God. I learned a lot about other people's religions, and when I showed it to a a Sikh friend she was pleased with it's accuracy. She also knew a bit about some of the other eastern religions covered and said they did a good job.

NC

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Who liked this book?

I never read this book purely because i could not be arsed. When encouraged to read it by a brother or sister, i always responded with, why not read the bible instead?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I just saw that one as a bunch of rules. I would look at it occasionally to see how much trouble I could get into if I did certain things. LOL

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

There was a time I actually thought the NWT was the best Bible out there. Not anymore...

• leonbus23
    leonbus23

F*** NO!

• cedars
    cedars

I agree with the Greatest Man book. You could probably throw in "See The Good Land", because it's mostly pictures and no writing!!

My Book of Bible Stories is good for the kids, not too much dogma in that.

Anything without dogma and procedure (Organized book etc), I really can't handle any of that anymore...

PS - It was the Daniel book that first made me realise how skewed the Society's handle on bible prophecy was, so from that perspective it was good...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit