It's clear that virtually everyone on here is infuriated by WT teachings/doctrines/practices, but I would really like to know what is of most concern to people who frequent this forum.
Here is my top 5, number 1 being the most significant/infuriating:
- The disfellowshipping practice - expanded to include family members (but not parents) who are old enough to leave home. Wrecks families and creates abject fear once people find out the truth about the organization.
- The blood issue - another unmerciful teaching, but one that costs lives.
- Unquestioned authority of Governing Body - a handful of men make life-altering decisions as representatives of a larger group of people who they never see or speak to, and yet they demand unquestioning obedience on pain of being disfellowshipped.
- Failed prophecy - the fulfilment of huge swathes of bible prophecy, including Revelation, has been attributed to the events of the early 20th century, and the actions of a small group of men.
- Two-tier christianity - Faithful and Discreet slave are anointed who go to heaven to whom ransom provisions apply directly, whereas remainder, or "Great Crowd" stay on Earth and form a sub-class, only access benefits of ransom through FDS.
I realise that many of these issues are inter-related, but that's roughly how I would put them. I know that the blood issue should arguably be first on the list since it takes people's lives, but I think the disfellowshipping practice is what screws most people's lives up. If it wasn't for the practice of disfellowshipping, I doubt there would be many people visiting this site! Tell me if I'm wrong. I know there are other things worthy of a place in teh top five (such as rampant child abuse in the organization) but I have been honest in prioritizing the teachings that effect me personally.
Now it's your turn, please give me your top 5!