Your top 5 most irritating doctrines/practices?

by cedars 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

1. no "independend thinking"

2. shunning

3. blood

4. false calculations and skewed history

5. sticking their nose in ever matter, from "shave your beard" to "sister sexy's skirt is too short" to "where's your tie" to "you can't listen to that kind of music" to ... etc etc etc.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was surfing my PVR yesterday and came across the last segment of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gXSlZ45GX4

I let it run so that my wife could have the benefit of hearing these nasty cult members behaving in exactly the same way and using the same reasoning as is recommended in next weekend's Watchtower.

She left the room before it finished, but not before she heard them justifying their shunning practices just like good little Dubbies.

• oompa
    oompa

i agree will all the above of course....i was surprised it took so long before anyone mentioned education....it just kills me that this religion is one of very few that ENCOURAGE less education rather than MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?...............geeze...........oomps

• erbie
    erbie

1, Twelve morons ruling from a huge office block. Scriptual?

2, Two 'classes' of Christians???

3, The blood issue. Idiots. Where do they get it from?

4, Birthdays.Wheredid they gat that from?

5, They discourage higher education. Naturally so that their followers don,t think they are clever!

Have they banned picnic's yet or is that to come??? If they do thats it I'm b####red!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Add to the list:

Denying access to (relationship with) Jesus Christ.

One must come to a false organization, not a person, to be saved.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

1. They protect paedophiles.

2. Shunning practices.

3. Gods only channel of communication.

4. Blood.

5 Only allowed to read WT literature.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello again! I think the original poster is asking about when you were there before

you knew the truth about them. How did you feel about the doctrine/practices then?

Some of the posters, it seems to me (I could be wrong-don't hurt me), are projecting back

what they know now. It will be more interesting to me if you can post what it was then

that you did not like. Before the revelation. Do a little time travel. It should be fun!

• cedars
    cedars

Hello N.drew, no I don't know how you could have reached that conclusion. I'm interested in how people feel NOW.

Thanks, cedars

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

for me that's the same thing, i only didn't allow myself to (or was trained not to) think about it too much back then.

• N.drew
    N.drew

You are right cedars. I reread your post. I do not let the Watchtower irritate me

any more, so I assumed you may have meant then. I am far far away from them.

If I let them irritate me, that would be legerdemain. They do not care about me, let them be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit