WE CAN DO THIS....if you think the idea is as good as I do!

by Terry 62 Replies latest jw friends

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Band on the Run: I'm curious as to how a copy of his passport was obtained. Do we know for certain this a true document?

Here is what that photo looks like from a copy that looks like a trackable document. It is from http://www.christianwitnesses.com/id312.html

Note the hand stamping from the "agent - department of state". I suppose one could write to the state department and obtain, perhaps for a small fee, authentication giving the known information. I don't imagine a state department clerk will find it too difficult to find a record by supplying N. H. Knorr and a date of June 8, 1968. He's the only "Knorr" I've ever heard of. He's also the only Knorr I've ever met, tho briefly, at the 1957 Baltimore district assembly some 11 years before that photo was taken.

Len

• Ding
    Ding
    The chief difference here is the PHOTOGRAPHIC NATURE of the evidence which is quite different impact-wise than mere written statements with attributions.

Terry, I was using photocopies of actual WT publications, not just typed out quotes.

As I said, I hope it works, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Nonetheless, if the effort wakes up anyone, it's worth it.

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Bttt for Terry..

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You need to be impeccable in making certain these are true documents. One slip up and it is curtains.

I don't think it will change much but don't all these small, cumulative actions add up to something meaningful.

Denial is more than an Egyptian river. It is a very potent force.

I feel so embarassed that this is how I was raised. Crazy doctrines are one thing b/c who can define legitimacy. The cult aspects are too much for me.

• LV101
    LV101

i think your idea is great and i've often wondered why there's not another publication or something out there as a rebuttal or in opposition to this cult to save people. Maybe some members would be curious enough to peek into.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Terry:

Interesting. I think it could be done and funded, but it would have to be organized ... I would think. I have access to address presorting software from two separate vendors (4ims.com and pitney bowes) that presorts letter runs so that you can get a postage discount. The software basically handles all the sorting that would happen at the post office, prints the needed USPS barcodes on the letter, and generates the mailing reports needed by the post office. This drops the postage down to about 36 cents a letter. The thing with the presorting software is that you need 400-500 letters before the post office even considers giving a bulk discount. But if you were to target 5 to 6 congregations at at time (about 500 letters), fund it from local apostate donations it would cost around 500 * 0.36 = $180.

The more stuff you pack into those envelopes, however, the higher that postage will go. However, if you wanted to target one congregation at a time (about 100 publishers), then you pay the 43 cents and it would cost about $43 a run.

You would need local apostate (grass roots!) cooperation just to get the names and addresses ...

Very interesting.

MeanMrMustard

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

So what have you decided Terry? Will you be making such a site? Keep us updated.

Bangalore

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    If you include a "chapter" or two (or three) showing what's actually in the Bible... vs. what the WTBTS teaches through its publications and SAYS is in the Bible, both technically AND literally... I would think it a good idea, dear Terry (peace to you!). If it's only organization faux pas, however, I don't think it will have the same effect... because they always have some way of justifying such things

I agree. Actually, much of this could also be done with copies of Watchtower articles and books. They used to teach that Jesus couldn't possibly be Michael the Archangel and included 2 scriptures from Hebrews 1 right on the page.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think it's a good idea, but JW's will think it was manufactured or changed by apostates. At least some of them. I would have read them or anything from "apostates" really. I was fully snowed by the JW's, but I did have some things I didn't agree with them on. I had a list of things that made me say, "Huh???" in my head. I knew that I would not be able to follow the directions to throw away "apostate literature." I knew I would have to read it, even if it meant it would "infect" me. I bet there are people who are in that are like me. Deep down they smell a rat. Deep down they already know, but on the surface they are kidding themselves into thinking the pull towards the magic of Armegeddon is stronger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit