WE CAN DO THIS....if you think the idea is as good as I do!

by Terry 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I like the idea of mailing them but if you want to reach young people with their smart phones, just post them on the internet somewhere and then generate QR Codes (aka "tags") for them. Send the codes anonymously to any young JW you know and/or post them on pro-JW discussion boards and FB groups.

Kids with a smart phone and code reader are going to click 'em, just to see where they lead.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Just a suggestion: To avoid the potential problems of people thinking the articles are fake or alerting them that its apostate material, why not just give the references and then let the jw's look them up on the cd-rom themselves? (articles have to be 1950-2011 for that, though, such as the resurrection/no resurrection ones I quoted earlier). Speaking from experience, it was looking up the references from jwfacts myself that convinced me apostates were not all a bunch of liars after all.. Hope this helps.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

marking...

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Jesus Christ! I've never seen the letter that Bangalore posted. Proof that JWs are already living in their own little government.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

great idea

• Ding
    Ding

Terry,

I'm all for what you suggest, but don't be disappointed when most JWs refuse to even look at it.

Years ago, I photocopied pages of WT literature from Randy Watters' "Thus Saith the Governing Body" booklet, taking care to excise everything except what the WTS itself had published.

The first JW I showed it to was shocked and soon after DAd.

Then I showed it to an elder.

He immediately denounced it as apostate literature.

I asked him if he was saying it was a forgery, and if so could he please show me the original WT pages that would put the lie to this "apostate literature."

Of course, he couldn't.

Nevertheless, he once again denounced it as apostate literature.

I asked him, "When this was published by the WTS, it was the truth. When and how did it change into apostate literature? How long is it before WT literature stops being the truth?"

He stormed out of my living room.

People sometimes prefer darkness to light. (John 3:19)

There is none so blind as he who will not see.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe there have almost always been alternative wordings for pacifists, such as the Quakers. If I have time, I will research whether Knorr had other options. The problem is explaining that adds commentary. They will believe the Witnesses, not me. My mom was expelled from high school at fourteen, full of dreams of being a teacher or fashion designer, for not saluting the flag. Yet Knorr signs an allegiance. The const'n is our form of government. No other form exists. The flag is only the flag. So his act was more treacherous than my mom saluting the flag would have been.

I thought of oaths when I was sworn in to the NYS bar. An alternative form existed. My mind could not help thinking of my mom and I proud I was to commit myself. The const'n is the government! All those who died or suffered serious consequences so Nathan could swear allegiance to the U.S. government. I'm curious as to how a copy of his passport was obtained. Do we know for certain this a true document?

• Paralipomenon
  • Terry
    Terry

Then I showed it to an elder.

He immediately denounced it as apostate literature.

I asked him if he was saying it was a forgery, and if so could he please show me the original WT pages that would put the lie to this "apostate literature."

Of course, he couldn't.

Nevertheless, he once again denounced it as apostate literature.

I understand what you are saying.

The chief difference here is the PHOTOGRAPHIC NATURE of the evidence which is quite different impact-wise than mere written statements with attributions.

SEEING is BELIEVING is an old adage.

In this case it would be highly selective SEEING that will confront the basis of their BELIEVING right on the spot and trigger curiousity, imho.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

wannabefree: There was a magazine that in the original print said something about the end coming before the end of the century and then in the bound volumes it was changed ... or something on that order. Is there a scan available of each. Not that its a big deal, but how do you know the info in the Watchtower Library CD is the same as the original publication?

Here it is from my 2010 WT Library CD. It is no different that that on CD's which are owned by most JWs:
    "Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom. The ancient "soil of Israel" pictures the realm in which Christendom has operated. It pictures the standing and relationship that Christendom has claimed to occupy with God by means of his "new covenant" of which Jesus Christ is the mediator. Now is no time for anyone in Christendom to rely on any righteousness on the basis of his own merits and to boast of his own self-righteousness. Jehovah’s "sword" of warfare will cut off from this position that Christendom’s clergy claim for her all religionists who depend upon her having an acceptable standing with God."
    The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? 1971, Chap. 12 pp. 216-217

As a side note, many JWs used this to indirectly affirm their faith in the 1975 date. After all, it was only 4 years earlier.

DagothUr: The Steiman family from the 1914 leaflet is not dead???
    The passing of that couple, he a chiropractor, has been confirmed by several sources before I added them to the list on that WT cover. Sources used social security death records in their confirmation. Their last name, by the way, is spelled Steman.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit