WE CAN DO THIS....if you think the idea is as good as I do!

by Terry 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I have long had an idea that I think is a very powerful tool in reaching even hard-nosed JW's.

It would consist ONLY of actual photographic scans of various documents, articles, photographs such as these from Marvin Shilmer's Blog: (see next panel)

There would be NO EXTRANEOUS non-official text whatsoever.

It would be published the size of an old LIFE magazine and sent anonymously to JW's at their homes.

The cover would clearly contain the words: "All contents originally published by Watchtower Bible &Tract Society"

The fact that no gloating, goading commentary appears anywhere on this Magazine would put the Society in a weird position, indeed!

If they declare it "Apostate" they are condeming themselves while admitting the contents are damning!!

• Terry
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I like this idea.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

There was a time that it would be fairly expensive to accomplish such a great idea, but in this day and age of multimedia available to pretty much everyone, it wouldn't be a difficult or expensive idea to see through. The hardest part would be what to include, and what to omit.

• Terry
  • Terry
    Terry

We all have our favorites stashed away on our hardrive somewhere.

I'd like to have people post their own suggestions.

I like juxtaposing one beside the other in a sort of ROGUES GALLERY of flip-floppery.

Remember no snide comments can be attached anywhere. We have to make them hoist themselves on their own petard.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Definatly an idea worth exploring...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I think it is a great idea. I have been thinking about this very thing to use with my wife. If its all Watchtower only, how can there be anything wrong with it? The Dub will just say that it is old light, but enough of it in one sitting might be a healthy dose of weed killer.

• designs
    designs

If you live on the 11th Floor at Columbia Heights you get a Pass....with everything.

• AGuest
    AGuest

If you include a "chapter" or two (or three) showing what's actually in the Bible... vs. what the WTBTS teaches through its publications and SAYS is in the Bible, both technically AND literally... I would think it a good idea, dear Terry (peace to you!). If it's only organization faux pas, however, I don't think it will have the same effect... because they always have some way of justifying such things ("We USED to think", "Before we received NEW light", "The Bible Students thought/believed/were under the impression at that time, but...").

I'm telling you dear folks, the ONLY way to get EVERYONE out of there... is to show them that God is NOT "with" that harlot. To show that she IS a harlot, lead by false CHRISTS, and false prophets. Because MANY there ARE there... because of their love for God and Christ. They just don't know where "else" to go - the WTBTS has them CONVINCED... that there is no one or where... but them.

Just my $0.02... from the "other" perspective... faith... which those who've lost theirs seem to believe is/will/can be the case with everyone. It is not... will not... and cannot be for everyone. They CAN lose their religion, however... even easily.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit