Are we really mortal?

by cptkirk 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• darthfader
    darthfader

BTS: Photons travel at c, and only c.

For infinite variations of c.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i like you botchtower. i may even send you some triplex movies im about to make starring me and this girl that looks like inanna from that corny jack black movie. let me know. the movies are getting made anyway. i thought it would be a good gesture on my part to send them off to all the local sisters. right before i formally da. you are welcome to them as well!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

LOL!

I can't dislike anyone with a Captain Kirk avatar, myself.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Well, if you are going to get DF'ed might as well make it worth your while!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. we are matter. we can never be destroyed. only redirected. photons are matter.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure science would agree with you on the first and last bolded statements, dear CptK (peace to you!)...

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/secret_projects/project077.htm http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-12/making-something-nothing-theory-says-matter-can-be-conjured-vacuum http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2000483/Sparks-mirrors-Quantum-scientists-make-nothing.html http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-12-theoretical-physics-breakthrough-antimatter-vacuum.html http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/09/970918045841.htm

... but I can't agree with you at to the second. It is correct that our bodies are not destroyed, per se... yet: for now, they return to the dust as do the bodies of all mortal living things. But both the body... ANd the spirit... CAN be destroyed... but only by fire SOhot it completely annihilates even the bones. Meaning absolutely NO fragments left, not even ash.

This is a rare event, however (even cremation leaves some bone fragments which are later pulverized). I'm only aware of one such event like this recorded in man's history (there may be others, I dunno). I am also aware of a prophecy as to a future, similar event... but it also includes beings that, although spirit, don't have physical bodies "housing" such essences/consciousnesses. The record refers to these as "Magog."

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

what i have stated is my belief system. i recognize it has many holes in it. but i like it, and there is an outside chance it's actually all possible. might be one in a trillion, but who cares, i like it. you cremate the human, he becomes a gaseous element, only to return later when all the tumblers click into place as a human again (or another higher life form). sure it's out there, i recognize this.

now all of you that believe some guy was roaming around palestine 2,000 years ago, born from no physical father...and snakes talk to people. will you do the same? will you make the same admission? that your belief system is really just as far out there as mine? and admit there are hundreds of holes in your religion? but you dont care because it suits you?

*crickets*

*wombats*

*rooster*

ding dong

• AGuest
    AGuest
    what i have stated is my belief system. i recognize it has many holes in it. but i like it, and there is an outside chance it's actually all possible. might be one in a trillion, but who cares, i like it. you cremate the human, he becomes a gaseous element, only to return later when all the tumblers click into place as a human again (or another higher life form). sure it's out there, i recognize this.

Far be from me to take issue with someone's personal belief system, dear CptK (again, peace to you!)...

now all of you that believe some guy was roaming around palestine 2,000 years ago, born from no physical father

and snakes talk to people. will you do the same will you make the same admission that your belief system is really

just as far out there as mine

Assuming you're addressing me (I do believe in the guy, born from no physical father... but not that snakes talk to people) as well as others... I don't know if I would say "as" far out. Then, again, I might say "even farther" (some otherw would certainly say that - LOL!).

and admit there are hundreds of holes in your religion?

I don't have a religion or subscribe to any religion... and I have not yet been shown any holes in what I believe or who I believe IN (thus, far, my Lord has responded to virtually all that I've asked him... or others have asked me; however, not ALL has been explained to me, yet, but a heckuva lot has... much more than religion ever has... and even science in at least one sense...)

but you dont care because it suits you?

Oh, sorry... perhaps you're NOT addressing me. Because I DO care and lies/false teachings, etc., absolutely do NOT suit me.

I hope this clarifies and, again, bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• talesin
    talesin

Post 2632 of 2649
    Since 3/21/2011

Many leading physicists are waking up to the realisation that the traditional seperating of "matter" and "energy" is simply not feasible.

There is widespread abondonment of "particle" theory physics . . . and that sub-sub-atomic particles are simply energy waves presenting a "particle" illusion that is completed by the five human senses interpreting energy as physical (matter).

Once you get your head around it . . . it means the physical world is simply energy in a spatial environment. Even early physicists such as A Einstein regarded this as a likely scenario.

• talesin
    talesin

just repeating what Sizemik said ... no beeyootyfull wommens here!

:)

• talesin
    talesin

the traditional seperating of "matter" and "energy" is simply not feasible.

don't you find that exciting??????? hey?

bohm? other scientist friends?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit