Urinary Tract Infection=proof of premarital sex

by rebel8 56 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Unbelievable. Do people still read? Can they? I guess that's one topic that got overlooked in Awake!

--sd-7

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

SD, if it's not in the AWAKE, it's not important!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Just a note-if I feel a UTI coming on, I head it off by mixing 1 tsp baking soda with 1/2 c water and drink it down, 1/2 hour later I drink a full glass of water. I get UTIs whenever I travel & my Dr. wasn't about to prescribe an antibiotic prophallactically. A friend told me about this 'cure', she read it in a doctor book on home remedies for common illnesses. In a pinch, I've used Alka-Seltzer. Alka-Seltzer is easier to travel with than white powdered substances in small plastic bags whilest at an airport. Sometimes I have to give myself a second dose (the next day). After treating myself, I make sure to drink extra in the following days.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No. This is in the United States. Canada could be different. Mild discomfort? Right. Cipro is used too widely now.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Is cranberry juice still effective or has that been debunked? When I was younger, cranberries or cranberry juice was pushed prevent infection, reverse early infection, and speed healing. But it has to be WITHOUT sugar--because the bacteria grows in sugar. I used to buy cranberry concentrate in the health food store and add water. it's not pleasant, it's bitter. I can't qualify it, but to say, at the first sign of pressure or burning, I drank that and only had 2 infections my whole life.

I think you can also buy it in capsule form too. I used to work for a woman that had chronic UTI's and she kept cranberries crushed and frozen and ate a spoonful when she got symptomatic.

NC

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Mayo Clinic says, "Sexual intercourse may lead to cystitis, but you don't have to be sexually active to develop it. All women are susceptible to cystitis because of their anatomy — specifically, the close proximity of the urethra to the anus and the short distance from the urethral opening to the bladder."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/urinary-tract-infection/DS00286/DSECTION=causes

Since the female urethra is only a few inches long, it's not hard for bacteria to get into the bladder.

Personally, if I feel like a uti is coming on, I start slamming the water and cranberry fruit pills. Usually stops utis for me!

• wiser
    wiser

Havent these people heard about diabetes? People who are pre diabetic and diabetic get this infection alot. Seems to me the organization needs a competent doctor on staff!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'd like to know the deal about cranberry juice too. There is this article:

http://women.webmd.com/news/20100823/cranberry-juice-fights-urinary-tract-infection-quickly

Last month when I had my UTI I bought two big bottles of unsweetened organic cranberry juice and drank them up when symptoms appeared. Didn't do a damn thing.

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Did you drink it undiluted? That's always fun.

-Sab

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Did you drink a lot of water too? For me, I need to start my cranberry pills as soon as I get that warning tingle. Perhaps if you wait too long, it's not as effective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit