Urinary Tract Infection=proof of premarital sex

by rebel8 56 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No I think a REAL nurse would be obligated to make sure a child got needed medical care, or risk losing her license. A REAL nurse wouldn't have believed an urban legend and would known how irresponsible it would be to accuse a 13-year-old girl of being sexually active. Because a REAL nurse, even if she believed the infection was brought on by having sex, would at least wonder about a little girl having sex---could it be abuse? I know some 13-year-olds are active by choice, but I think far more are not. If I thought a child like that was sexually active, my next question would be is she being abused---and if it seems to be by choice---has abuse hurt her decision making process?

The entire thing is so disgusting. Let's say she WAS sexually active. Shouldn't that piece of crap mother be concerned that her daughter is safe?

The convention brought on that UTI. She had to sit in this large auditorium for 4 days, not really drinking enough, not going to the bathroom enough, and that's all there is to it. But if you thought your 13-year-old was having sex, wouldn't you be concerned about the details?

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No I think a REAL nurse would be obligated to make sure a child got needed medical care, or risk losing her license. A REAL nurse wouldn't have believed an urban legend and would known how irresponsible it would be to accuse a 13-year-old girl of being sexually active. Because a REAL nurse, even if she believed the infection was brought on by having sex, would at least wonder about a little girl having sex---could it be abuse? I know some 13-year-olds are active by choice, but I think far more are not. If I thought a child like that was sexually active, my next question would be is she being abused---and if it seems to be by choice---has abuse hurt her decision making process?

The entire thing is so disgusting. Let's say she WAS sexually active. Shouldn't that piece of crap mother be concerned that her daughter is safe?

The convention brought on that UTI. She had to sit in this large auditorium for 4 days, not really drinking enough, not going to the bathroom enough, and that's all there is to it. But if you thought your 13-year-old was having sex, wouldn't you be concerned about the details?

NC

• St George of England
    St George of England

My 90 year old widowed mother got a UTI and spent two weeks in hospital followed by several weeks of recuperation.

At least we now know what caused it!

George

• Violia
    Violia

the last UTI I had they gave me Erelle , which helps the pain and frequency and spams of UTI. I checked to see if it came in a generic and someone says it does, UTA capsuled S-J.

you will get an antibiotic too , of course.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I could tell stories galore about my high school nurse. Many of my teachers and staff graduated from the same school in a large city. She was part of the local culture. There were many pregnancies since only condoms were available. Long ago there was no sex education or anything in school. It was hush and hush. I don't know if she brokered illegal abortions.

Every month I had excruciiating menstrual cramps. I saw her every month. My parents worked so I had to wait for someone to pick me up. All she did as I was in a back booth was talk all day with friends. Every month I could not get an aspirin b/c I was pregnant. Pregnancy is all that happens to teenage girls. She did not treat it as a medical condition! She would not help me besides sending me to a backroom. One month was very bad. I knew I was going to lose consciousness. Shy me raised my voice to scream to her. She ignored me completely. Appendectomy , uti, kidney stone - impossible. I stood up to talk to her in person and passed out. When I regained consciousness, she was gently pressing my abdomen for the first time.

A classmate had grand mal seizures in French class. The teacher did not know what to do and asked us if we knew as he called for the nurse. It was very dramatic. We worried so much about our friend. Twenty minutes later, he is fed up. He routes the most athletic boys to spread out, find her, and bring her to class against her will. The girl was still having the seizures. Five minutes later, the nurse runs through the door in the company of the boys, screaming, Don't worry, X dear, Miss Y is here." The tension was so bad and this incident was so typical, we all lost control and started laughing hysterically. The student was all right.

• kazar
    kazar

That poor girl! How horrible. I have had UTI's most of my life and I do remember when they gave out Pyridium. I thought it was a miracle. They still do make it but I only know of getting it in a drugstore in a very low dose. 95 mg under the generic name of Pheyazopyridine Hydrocholoride. I had a UTI last year and my doctor would not geve me any antibiotics until he received a urine test back (about 4 day). In the meantime I took these generic. They do help. There are a couple of different brands on the market but I can't remember any except Uricalm. Uh oh. Big storm here. Got to get offline. See ya later.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

I was 17 when I had my first UTI (and it was...ahem...from sex ). Anyway, as my mom and I pulled out of our driveway on our way to the doctor, a carload of "sisters" drove up. Both cars stopped, one in each lane, and the "sister" driving yells, "Where are you going?" My mom yells back, "I'm taking FM to the doctor." "Oh, what's wrong?" And my mother yells back in a tone of voice that tells everyone within earshot WHY, "She has a bladder infection!" She might as well have added, "the little slut." Ya, thanks mom. The "sisters" didn't say anything else, clearly getting the picture.

It still hurts to think about that, especially now that I'm older. Having a better understanding of things makes it hurt a bit more.

I'm dead to her now, and oddly that doesn't really bother me.

FM

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I don't think this has as much to do with the Watchtower as to very poor individual judgement and prejudice. As much as I loathe the WTBTS it has been my observation that oftentimes bad behaviour on the part of Jehovah's Witnesses is erroneously associated with their religious indoctrination when in reality they'd behave just as badly if they were not Jehovah's Witnesses. I have absolutely no doubt this would not have happened if the players were my Witness wife and our daughter.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Nickolas, I agree with you. The main reason I am not bothered by my mother's absence in my life is that I've come to the conclusion that she just isn't a very good/nice/kind person. She treats her family badly and is sickeningly fake, super-sappy sweet around the JWs.

• talesin
    talesin

Note: Re pyridium & generic Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride...I had my pharmacist look it up, because it's a very important issue (to me, anyhow).

It has not been available in Canada since July 2009. You must go to a pharmacy that compounds it in-house (eg, The Medicine Shoppe). The pharmacist explained that "it wasn't selling enough, so they stopped making it". And I also quote "A lot of people just have mild discomfort when having an UTI". LOLOLOL!! I told him he obviously has never had one.

Once again, it's all about big pharma and big money. The excruciating pain of a few men/women is not good enough, they must make a lot of money off it. grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit