Micheal the ArcAngel/Jesus the man

by plmkrzy 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Lefty
    Lefty

SS

I'm starting to feel like we are arguing over gnats. So, whatever. Catch ya later.
    I will accept that as your concession of defeat.

Yadirf

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    Well, yeah, but take those glasses off. In that case you might be able to perceive that it was all the doings of an angel God used.

1) Friday, do you mean that God played a trick on Saul and had it written into his Bible to confuse all the people who are trying so hard to understand him?

2) Jan put into words the thought process I have had for a long time with regard to the inconsistent teachings on the soul by JWs.

I am leaning towards the thought that if someone dies but they live on in God's "memory" then they really haven't died. Their physical bodies have died but they - the person LIVES ON. And this "life in God's memory" might be the immortal soul. We are physical and tangible. What we are trying to understand is unphysical and intangible. And it was always hard for me to put into words the direction of my thinking but Jan helped.

Others have already said many things that showed your thinking is self-contradictory but you are very hard-headed and I don't have the patience for you. Plus you come across as arrogant. And I'm bored with you. That's all.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Yes, Jan's thinking is very clear and to the point. The problem we are experiencing is caused by the "need" to believe that Michael was Jesus. C.T. Russell was unable to explain this type of "Transfer" but his sophism went unchallenged. Either the doctrine of Michael/Jesus has to be dropped or the doctrine of soul death has to be changed. It does not help to split hairs over words. We are dealing with concepts. One concept is that something essential (essence) can be moved from body to body . Another is that the essential (essence) is inextricably bound to the body. To creat a third "phantom" concept is an improvement on the WT use of the impersonal "life force" because it (the phantom concept) hints at the transfer of memory,consciousness, and traits of personality. Thus the Michael/Jesus idea is a problem , not for us, but for the WTBTS. They avoided the problem by choosing impersonal " life force". Yardiff put a bright light on the problem by artfully presenting the case for something personal having been "transfered". Now the time has come : choose to drop the Michael/Jesus idea or to drop the soul death idea. If one chooses to keep both ideas then stay with the concept of impersonal "life force" as the thing transferred and wait for the WTBS to put a bright light on their problem....or maybe they don't have a problem, just a style.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Oh I don't know, I rather enjoyed this debate between Yardif and SS.
    It was better then abbott and costello. "Whose on First" IMO

Thanks guys for making this an interesting thread.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Siddha, you've hit all the nails dead on. Thanks.

Friday now claims 'victory', since i've stopped playing his game. He refused to define his terms. It shows he doesn't understand the Beliefs he holds. He isn't really carrying on in a fair/honest way.

SS

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

S.S. ...Thankyou. In return , I admired your patience and tact. You pursued him for his own good. The eye of compassion sees that he needs more strength.

• Solace
    Solace

Im still trying to figure out if J.W.s are true Christians.
    [8>]

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

" That love which longs to publish itself, ceases to be love."

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Heaven

[Im still trying to figure out if J.W.s are true Christians.]

Some of them are and some of them aren't [8>]

plm

• Solace
    Solace

plmkrzy:
    Good point... I suppose that is the case with any human being living on this planet, regardless of what religion they are. I guess I am worried about my family being misinformed and worshipping the wrong God. I sometimes wonder if this will have some impact on how they are viewed by God. Although, it doesnt make sense that God would judge people, just because they didnt know the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit