The Polarizing of America: Rep. Michele Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll

by darthfader 172 Replies latest social current

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

New chapter-pics like this of men are not use in political discussion.

really?

I know its a stretch but you get the picture:

Well like I said I'm juvenal ;-)

link

Not that juvenal to post

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

LOL NC you would love Hemp Lover. Another smart woman who sees through the bullshit and never hesitates to tell it like it is.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    1. Medical liability reform -- reduce the ability to sue for malpractice and cap the award amounts.
    2. Enable purchasing insurance across state lines -- widening competition and allowing for better economies of scale for Ins companies -- thereby lowering costs to the consumer
    3. Expand the medical spending accounts -- including prescriptions and possibly annual rollovers etc.
    4. Ensure coverage for people with existing conditions -- expand the concept of risk pools across states, make it illegal to deny coverage of persons with PECs
    5. And of course they want to eliminate tax funded abortions.

Darth I seriously encourage you to explore each and every one of these points in detail.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Oh chit its the gift that keeps on giving!

• Berengaria
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hey DF, some of that it interesting---although abortions were never paid for with tax dollars---not federal tax dollars anyway. And even if they were, it's kind of comical to think it makes any dent at all.

Spreading the risk is a great idea, and I thought Obama's plan addressed this. PEC's are the big thing for many of us. But can we require insurance companies to cover PEC's without the mandate? Many people would just not buy until they were sick, so they have a point.

Health care costs are outrageous, and insurance companies do what they can to negotiate the costs---but then our costs are the cost for the premiums on top of our co pays. It's very frustrating.

Then we have the problem of those that can't afford high insurance premiums. What do we do about them? Republicans are hot to cut Medicaid funds, and I have a friend who is disabled in NC. Their democratic governor is trying to do what she can, but keeps getting overridden. My friend was on her way to an appointment and was abruptly told the clinic was closed. She is dependent on Medicaid because she didn't work enough before becoming disabled to qualify for much SS or Medicare.

Why do they use this problem to throw their social agenda, abortion, into the mix? It's a non issue in this context.

NC

• journey-on
    journey-on

Have you ever noticed that libs are constantly telling you how smart they are (it's like they have a need to convince themselves)....LOL.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Frosty, I really do have a good sense of humor. I try not to be overly sensitive. I can't always explain what about things crosses a line for me, but the bachmann pics felt very wrong. Personally, I could have gone a llifetime without the Weiner photos---and my opinion on it was I did not care. Nothing was illegal. It was embarrassing. He didn't hire a hooker or pay off a mistress and break campaign laws. But it is what it is, and I hope he comes back.

HOWEVER--an innocent pic of a woman eating a hotdog is a bit different than the intentional photos Weiner took and sent in digital format. We really didn't need to read anything into it---we all understood what it was. Bachmann wasn't inviting this---Weiner was, and indeed, got a kick out of it before the explosion.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Have you ever noticed that libs are constantly telling you how smart they are

??? I haven't seen anyone brag about their brains here. Where does that come from?

• Glander
    Glander

Why does health care cost so much? Why are we paying more each year (more than CPI) for the same services? Shouldn’t they be able to reduce costs each year because of new technology and increased efficiencies?

Here's a clue to just one reason we have the above situation. The Democratic party has three big special interest groups, the biggest of course being Big Unions. Right up there are the trial lawyers, the John Edwards types who get filthy rich from tort cases with no limit jury awards. Not to mention Big corps like GE and the banking rackets and Wall Street.

Glad you can get a giggle NC. Must be a treat for someone as grim and negative as most self righteous libs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit