NEW RUMOR: WT ALLOWS BIRTHDAYS

by J.R.R.Watchtower 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Can someone provide the reference that was mentioned earlier from the WT 2000 Question from Readers on birthdays and anniversaries? I looked and didn't see any QFR that touched on that.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm calling BS on that. Birthdays are generally for children - the GB & the Bethel leaders are childless (with the occasional exception) so they really aren't affected by the banning.

Well, not always for children - I bought myself a ZR-1 Corvette for my 55th birthday.

But I also call BS on the WT changing their mind on birthdays - I have to see it in print, and would hardly be able to believe it then.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Rumour

That's all it is. It aint happening folks. This would be such a weird thing for them to get ' New Light TM' on that I can't believe it.

Next: Blood transfusions are fine...in fact drink a pint with every meal. Black pudding all 'round!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Apologies... it was a 98 WT QFR that discussed birthdays vs anniversaries. A 2000 WT said that we don't have to ascribe ancient meanings to customs that we celebrate today.

Older thread discussing these articles: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/51926/1/Can-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Now-Celebrate-Birthdays

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nah..I very much doubt it..BUT..Would it matter if it where true?..

The Book Study at a private home..The most important meeting you can go to..

Gone..Nobody cares..

The doctrine of "The generation of 1914 will not pass away"..

Gone..Nobody Cares..

If the WBT$ allows the celebration of Birthdays..

Anyone who makes a big deal about it will be DF`d..

Life goes on in WatchTarded World..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Joker10
    Joker10

JRR, exactly where did you read this from?

If you are refering to the posting on extj.com, the poster on that site does not have anything to back up his claim. Whats more, he does not mention a source. All he says is that oversears are getting the talk (about wedding anniversaries and birthdays being a conscience matter) during their stay in Bible School, and eventually leting the new light out--thats if the brothers take it well, as a test.

Birthday rumors are not new, and frankly I think he is just starting one.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yep, rumor indeed, witnesses always quote "do this in remembrance of me " line

to bring home the fact that jesus wanted people to "only" remember his death

they fail to mention that the gift of life is so precious that he was born to give us

a second chance at it. why not celebrate birthdays. why not celebrate life

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Even as a JW I could never explain to the other kids why I couldnt celebrate.

• J.R.R.Watchtower
    J.R.R.Watchtower

As i've stated this is A RUMOR, so I don't get the point to all the criticism on my own. I've just wanted to know (specially for those living in WT Land - USA) if this RUMOR (again!) is being spreaded through the congregations.

Yes, I've read that from extj.com forum and the person who wrote that didn't give any evidence so, once again, THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR.

Just wanted to know . NOTHING ELSE. So don't try to pull my leg.

By the way, I post on the forum 5, 6 or the times I like .... if I want. What are you trying to say with that kind of statements? That I'm not trustful just because i've post a couple of times? ¬¬ If you don't understand what was my aim posting this then you should go out and breath fresh air, don't try to put bad intentions on others.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Birthdays, all fun and games until someone loses a head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit