Sept. 15th WT - Burdened with Earning a Living? Here! Have MORE Burdens !

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Subtle and deceptive are the entanglements that Satan's world puts in our way."

When did Yoda start working in the Writing Dept?

om

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

T he Governing body are the worst scum in the world, and I look forward to 2014 when the vast majority of the witnesses leave and say enough of this crap!!!!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

its crazy, back in the 90's when i was heavily in, the bad things in watchtower articles or listed at conventions were murder, fornication, adultery, stealing, lying, etc. now in 2011 the list of bad things includes, food, clothing, shelter, entertainment, jobs, and relaxing.

lol what a crazy cult the watchtower has become. wow

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

ADSO nailed it. And to add to that we musn't forget that because of all the medical and scientific advances, brought about by dedicated, devoted non-witness people, they (the wankers) are able to print their magazines, enjoy painless dentistry, hold conventions in state of the art public buildings where they proceed to condemn the designers and builders and the taxpayers who funded them, to the same fate as Hitler, Stalin, that of eternal destruction. All the while gladly taking advantage of whatever they can get from these non believers.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Sorry for the language, but,

THESE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING IDIOTS!!

"so-called normal things like food and clothing"? What in the fuck world do these people live in?

Oh yeah, that's right! A life of ease supported by YOUR VOLUNTARY DONATIONS - thanks!

While the slobs like us who 'heeded your admonition' against college 25 years ago are SUNK in this economy. Thanks assholes!

• Quandry
    Quandry

You know, flipper, I remember feeling so guilty because I worried about prices of gas and other things. My husband and I have always had very little money because to be theocratic one had to find a job that required meeting nights off, as well as no Saturday or Sundays so that we could be oh so regular in Field service and meetings.Then, of course, your clothing must look like the examples in the WT magazine. Nice suits, nice outfits for the ladies. Car must be clean, house must be clean and nice for the book study, etc.

Just the other day my daughter told me that when she heard the ironing board going up she got knots in her stomach because it reminded her of the meetings. My husband was an elder and I was always ironing fresh white shirts for him.

I can't imagine now how much it must cost in gasoline to take a group out on Saturday mornings. Let alone the wear and tear on a car with doors constantly opening and closing, and butts sliding accross seats!The constant stopping and starting!

I get slightly queasy just thinking about it all!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

But hey suckers, if you DO happen to earn a good living, save any kind of nest egg, and then drop DEAD - make sure that you don't leave one red cent to your loving children......give it all to the ORGANIZATION. We even have a brochure all about it!!! Yep, if you did happen to make a few Benjamins, we'll be glad to take them off of your hands. Just contact your local COBOE and be sure to make him Power of Attorney. F*ck your kids, they can scrub toilets till The End......it's right around the corner anyway.....soon......any day now......IMMENENT.

What a fucking con this religion is!!!

I also agree with the poster above who said back in the 90's (and 80's) when I grew up, things that were bad were: The UN (Wild Beast), nuclear war, murder, the Great Tribulation, persecution for your beliefs, finding work (because college was and still is OUT!), drugs, violence, gangs, etc.

What do today's WatchTowers tell us we should be afraid of? Why, "So-called normal things" like food, shelter, gainful employment, entertainment, the Internet (cable cord becoming a snake's head, anyone? SICK!), apostates, your inactive relatives, co-workers who are educated, college (same shit, different day here!), a nice car, being able to eat at Olive Garden instead of Dominos, etc.

I truly am amazed at how low this "so-called" religion has sunk in say the last 15 years. It's really awkward and twisted, even more so than before. How far off can the passing out of the Kool-Aid be at an upcoming Memorial talk I wonder?

- Wing Commander

• agonus
    agonus

I have to agree with BOC on this one. "...so-called normal things like food and clothing..."

"So-called"?! So what, then, Dubs would do well to call things like food and clothing ABNORMAL, I guess?

Yes, BOC... Sometimes, there really is no alternative but to just plain swear. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

I almost wonder if there is any kind of filtration process... or ANY thought process, for that matter - from the brain stem to the printed piece for the poor bundles of twitching nerve endings who "write" (if such a word can be employed in this case) such utter vacuous sludge.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

With them releasing more and more articles like this, people are bound to wake up. Maybe it doesn't click right away. It might seem subtle, but you know what? Somewhere deep inside their heads, their minds caught it and are thinking "what?" Then when enough subtle things hit them they'll finally start to wake up.

I have to believe this. For the sake of my sanity.

I mean, what the hell kind of article is this anyway? Forsake food and clothing? i don't know how people have the energy to even bother trying to please the borg.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"What a pity it would be if we allowed ourselves to be burdened down with unnecessary weights that could impede us when we are so close to the end"

AAgHHH was that 1914 -1918 ?

" " " " 1925 ?

" " " " 1939-45 ?

" " " " 1975 ?

Before the year 2000 ?

Before the year 20011 ?

It`s imminent ? If it`s imminent, how many years from it`s first declaration to it`s finale is imminent ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit