Sept. 15th WT - Burdened with Earning a Living? Here! Have MORE Burdens !

by flipper 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

During my formative years, I was an avid reader of everything that this lot printed - unfortunately.

Now, reading this extract from the Sept 15th WT serves as a reminder as to why so much of my life has been ####ed-up! (Naughty word that rhymes with "truck").

Also, a double standard becomes evident here. They go on about the virtues (even necessity?) of having nothing materially - yet when there is a kingdom hall to be built, still expect the R&F to come up with the money to pay for it.

Bill.

• flipper
    flipper

BUNGI BILL- Good points you make. I feel many of us can claim to having had our lives " messed up " so to speak from the WT society's idiotic policies and rules. And very well written by you- they expect rank & file Witnesses to finance building kingdom halls- yet put them down for working to provide a living for themselves , or wanting and needing money. Typical WT society hypocrisy

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

It is because of crap like this I am where I am. "You're never going to graduate HS" "You don't need to worry about retirement or the future financially" stuff burned into my mind. Now I'm sitting here with all the ability in the woeld at 35 yrs old and can't provide my wife the kind of life we want together. Not looking for luxury, but a little education would have went a long way.....

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

leaving behind an inheritance . Their share is this life only. Keeping in mind that the WT income is hugely bumped up by encouraging people to leave all their wealth to the society. This is sickeningly two faced.

I recall a recent situation in which someone left theirr property to the local congregation. The locals rang bethel and a bored bro said that they should see a lawyer and sort it out. The local then said that the amount involved was £3m+. The bethel finance people were there and had scooped up the pot within hours.

There are numerous letters and booklets about how to donate before or after death in a tax efficient manner. But.....don't buy food or clothing!

• flipper
    flipper

ALLELSEFAILS- I know exactly where you're coming from my friend. I was born-into the Witnesses, got out at age 44 with mostly years of self employed work skills . I too was told back in 1975- " you'll never graduate High School, you won't marry in THIS system, or have to have kids in this system. " Well, guess what ? I'm 52 almost and have 3 adult children in their mid 20's ! I'll be scrambling for a retirement and hope to hell my JW mom when she passes leaves SOMETHING to my siblings and me. Either that or my wife's folks leave her some inheritance. But, yeah- it's tough man. We were told college was full of Satanists ! So now we have to do the best we can at being successful in our own way without feeling guilt about it . We need to feel good about ourselves again.

SLIDIN FAST- You see this exactly as I see it. WT society tells Witnesses not to buy food and clothing - yet make damn sure they detail every fall in publications how to leave inheritances to the WT society and estates from older and deceased relatives. IT'S SICKENING . It doesn't surprise me a bit about the Bethel finance people scooping up the 3 million quickly from a donated property. WT society are criminal wolves wrapped up in sheeps clothing. It's disgusting

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Glander
    Glander

I hope that Flippers spotlight thread on this subject makes some people think outside the "box" for a moment. The Watchtower survives on the time, energy and resources of their followers. To shame people for being self sufficient is beyond hypocrisy, they are con artists..

• flipper
    flipper

GLANDER- Thanks , yes, that IS my general intention here when putting out these threads is to make people " think outside the box " - at least think outside the " WT society box " at least for awhile so their minds can think without the interference of JW mind control. Indeed for the WT society to shame their JW members for earning a living and being self sufficient is way beyond hypocrisy- it's criminal even. Especially since the WT society is making so much money off the sales of buildings in New york- to tell Witnesses not to be concerned with food and clothing is barbaric on their part

• Glander
    Glander

I remember very clearly the night a letter was read to the congregation from the Mother. They wanted to buy the Squibb building but they would follow J Hoovers direction. That is, if the publishers came up with the money. The money poured in. They paid cash for the property.

• flipper
    flipper

GLANDER- It is really sad how the WT society has duped JW's into giving their money, possessions, jewelry, and inheritances to them to further their financial empire. It is disgusting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit