London Riots

by leavingwt 143 Replies latest social current

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Its gone way past race riots with people being quoted as saying "come join in the fun". Bunch of animals...

• leavingwt
  • botchtowersociety
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

If one of these thugs (a) breaks into your home or (b) assaults you on the street, what are legally allowed to do in self-defense? I'm reading on some sites that citizens are compelled by law to be neutral bystanders. Is this true, or an exaggeration?

• bigmac
    bigmac

here--on the isle of wight--so far we have not experienced any mass rioting.

however, a local deprived youth--dressed in his designer hoodie---felt compelled with what he saw on his expensive i-phone--to act in solidarity with his fellow co--yobs.

he burnt his detatched 4 bedroom house down

tonight he's being comfiorted by his parents.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

lwt - reasonable force can be used to stop someone from assulting you or breaking into your home.

reasonable force however does not mean shooting the SOB, breaking any of his appendages or physically assulting him if lesser force could be used!

There have been a number of cases where the defender of the house has been arrested for "hurting" the theiving scumbag and in one case shooting him with a shotgun!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    lwt - reasonable force can be used to stop someone from assulting you or breaking into your home.
    reasonable force however does not mean shooting the SOB, breaking any of his appendages or physically assulting him if lesser force could be used!
    There have been a number of cases where the defender of the house has been arrested for "hurting" the theiving scumbag and in one case shooting him with a shotgun!

Weird how the culture over here is completely different than over there. Fascinating even.

• leavingwt
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Interesting about the lack of press coverage and govtl interest. Growing up in Newark, NJ, all the press reported happened in Manhattan. The crews were too lazy to go to Brookly, Queens, or the Bronx, let alone Staten Island and New Jersey. New Jersey is closer to Manhattan than many parts of NYC. Despite our size and existing culture, we never heard or saw anything Newark related. Occasionally, there were Mafia jokes. My high school was Mafia Central.

We were in utter shock to watch Newark in flames and violence in 1969. The riots made even the national network news. Within NJ, Montclair is frequently reported. I lived there after we fled Newark. Many reporters and producers live there. It is not a typical NJ suburb. Montclair has always been integrated, the site of a college, and affluent. Hardly typical.

From my memories of Newark, and September 11th, remembering the chaos and fear, I pray that everyone is physically safe. May you be sheltered from any harm. Episcoplians formally pray for govt officials to be wise and care for those they govern. May the true causes of this violence be addressed in literal ways and not just some silly commission.

Will the govt. fall?

• leavingwt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit