London Riots

by leavingwt 143 Replies latest social current

• still thinking
    still thinking

I can't even begin to describe how sick that youtube clip just made me feel....Imagine if that was your child they were doing that to.

I always makes me so sad that human beings treat other human beings like this.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Most tea partiers I know are armed and well stocked. They don't care if it comes down to a rumble because they are ready for it ..."

It would probably be more accurate to state that Teabaggers and fundie Christians and others of that ilk are LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR IT TO HAPPEN...

They're just itching to turn America into a theological fascist state - outlaw all homosexuals, ban premarital sex, shove all the wimmin back into the kitchen and popping out babies for that uber-army that's going to take down the Muslim nations...

Yeah... Just the future I'm looking forward to...

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the riots were initially started by young angry blacks, but now all the angry whites have taken over, right? The news coverage started off with pictures and videos of angry blacks, now all I see is angry young white dudes trashing things. Right? It's funny in a way, but crazy!!!!!!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    The news coverage started off with pictures and videos of angry blacks, now all I see is angry young white dudes trashing things. Right? It's funny in a way, but crazy!

No, the news stations are trying to be politically correct by not showing black rioters. But ppl I know that live there say that it's mainly the blacks and asians who are doing the rioting.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

How does austerity cause the behavior shown in the video below? The people carrying out this crime are human scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah, I don't agree with the connection either. privileged or poor, a thug is a thug.

Lower forms of life is what they are.

• still thinking
    still thinking

leavingwt....

The people carrying out this crime are human scum

I agree....to a point. Some of these people are truly human scum...the others are just like sheep...follow because they want to feel part of something. But don't necessarily want to do this stuff. Young and stupid.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Zid:

It would probably be more accurate to state that Teabaggers and fundie Christians and others of that ilk are LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR IT TO HAPPEN...

I love my tea partier friends and trust them, but they do not view the world in the same way most of my other friends do.

• Curtains
    Curtains

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/london-riots-who-took-part?intcmp=239

Also London feels quite safe now. Cleaning up and waiting for the PM to acknowledge that he got rid of too many youth services and hit education too hard in his austerity measures.

On the streets many youngesters of all colours are saying f**k*u and w**k** to the police as they go by. somehow we have to work with the police and cleanup their image too.

• bohm
    bohm

somehow we have to work with the police and cleanup their image too.

My first idea would be to show the youth the police are people too by letting them do things the young enjoy as well, like clubbing.

...ofcourse they should only club masked looters, but nevertheless it would definately improve their image in my eyes! :-D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit