Sept.15th WT - Submit to the WT Society or Jehovah Will Not Know You

by flipper 77 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

This was some of the most blatant , aggressive , controlling information I've seen in awhile in the " Witness only " version of the WT. Of course, it's always blatant, but the manner that was used in this article was so authoritative and demanding - it's apparent the WT society is losing members and they are amping up the control tactics to keep members trapped.

The article in discussion is on pg. 25 titled, " Are You Known By Jehovah ? " It talks about " waiting on Jehovah " for your normal desires. In paragraph 8 it states, " Marriage, having children, and good health are all natural and appropriate desires. For many , though , one or more of those desires may go unfulfilled . " Paragraph 9 continues, " How unwise it would be to seek to fulfill these desires in a way contrary to godly wisdom. That would be to one's spiritual detriment. Some, for instance, have chosen forms of health care that conflict with Jehovah's counsel. Others have taken on employment that keeps them away from their families or congregation meetings. Or what of developing a romantic relationship with an unbeliever ? If a Christian follows such a course, is he truly seeking to be KNOWN BY JEHOVAH ? How would Jehovah have felt if Abraham had become IMPATIENT about the fulfillment of God's promises to him ? " Translation : WT society knows you have normal desires , but those desires are wrong if you don't pursue them the way the WT society tells you to pursue them. Remember the alleged " faithful slave " knows best.

Then the WT society tightens the control by telling JW's not to question their authority. In paragraph 12 & 13 it uses Korah & Moses as negative & positive examples . It states, " While the nation of Israel was en route to the promised land, Korah perceived what he imagined to be problems in God's arrangement. By the end of the next day, Korah and all those who had sided with him in rebellion were dead. In contrast, Moses was " by far the meekest of all men who were upon the surface of the ground . " There is no indication that Moses often QUESTIONED Jehovah's way of doing things or got ANNOYED at having to follow procedures that Jehovah set out . Translation : If Moses didn't complain or question authority, who are WE to question authority ? If we IMAGINE there are problems in God's organization - we could wind up dead like Korah ! More use of fear mongering to scare Witnesses into obeying the WT society.

Then there's this quote in paragraph 13, " If a human overseer in God's organization provides you with instructions that seem extremely detailed, you might at times feel frustrated. Jehovah, however, is a perfect overseer, who delegates generously and TRUSTS his servants. When he gives many details, he does so for good reason. Take note, though, that Moses did not become irritated with Jehovah for giving that level of detail , as if Jehovah were DEMEANING him or STIFLING his creativity or FREEDOM. " Translation : If Jehovah trusts the elders you as JW's should too. If elders get too detailed they have good reason for it in counseling you. Trust them. Don't question it. They aren't taking away your freedom, you are just IMAGINING they are.

Then comes the deciding point the WT society is trying to make in paragraph 15 & 16. It states, " How WE REACT to adjustments in the worldwide Christian congregation and decisions made by those taking the lead in it HAS A BEARING on our being KNOWN by Jehovah. That account provides a SERIOUS WARNING for elders and others in the congregation today. Waiting on Jehovah and FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS from those appointed to take the lead requires humility. Can we acknowledge the position of those taking the lead among us and SUBMIT to directions we receive ? Are we able to rise above our PERSONAL FEELINGS when faced with disappointments ? " Translation : If you as Witnesses DO NOT react well to adjustments by the WT society you may not even be known by Jehovah. He'll disown you. It's a serious warning which you need to follow. Your PERSONAL FEELINGS don't really matter in how you view the directions- you just need to follow the directions as instructed.

Is it just me- or is this organization becoming more dictatorial ? The WT society must be feeling pressure of losing more and more members so they feel by browbeating and overstating their authority that Witnesses ill be intimidated into caving in to that authority through fear mongering. Personally I feel it's unethical, barbaric, and an abuse of power to control 7 million people this way. What say you folks ? As always I look forward to your opinions. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When it comes to controlling people they are the masters at it. They have never cared about the R&F personal feelings. All they care about is keeping a tight grip on all they hold. Are they running scared? I think so. With everything happening to them they are revving up the propaganda machine. Sorry I forgot to say Hi Flipper. So hello. Totally ADD

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

You will notice that the WT seldom, maybe never, discusses the ones in the first century that disagreed with Paul; did he threaten them or even as for the congregation to kick them out?

No.

The WT always goes back to the 'smite them' stories that the OT is full of.

I am surprised they didn't trot out the story of the bear who killed the taunting children; that fits their style a little more.

P

• jeckle
    jeckle

pistoff is corect i thought this . they are always comparing themselves to ancient israel.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Actually to the contrary of that article Moses was pretty basly with God:

Numbers 14: 5-25 - 5 Then Moses and Aaron fell facedown in front of the whole Israelite assembly gathered there. 6 Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, who were among those who had explored the land, tore their clothes 7 and said to the entire Israelite assembly, “The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good. 8 If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. 9 Only do not rebel against the LORD. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will devour them. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us. Do not be afraid of them.”

10 But the whole assembly talked about stoning them. Then the glory of the LORD appeared at the tent of meeting to all the Israelites. 11 The LORD said to Moses, “How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have performed among them? 12 I will strike them down with a plague and destroy them, but I will make you into a nation greater and stronger than they.”

13 Moses said to the LORD, “Then the Egyptians will hear about it! By your power you brought these people up from among them. 14 And they will tell the inhabitants of this land about it. They have already heard that you, LORD, are with these people and that you, LORD, have been seen face to face, that your cloud stays over them, and that you go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. 15 If you put all these people to death, leaving none alive, the nations who have heard this report about you will say, 16 ‘The LORD was not able to bring these people into the land he promised them on oath, so he slaughtered them in the wilderness.’

17 “Now may the Lord’s strength be displayed, just as you have declared: 18 ‘The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.’ 19 In accordance with your great love, forgive the sin of these people, just as you have pardoned them from the time they left Egypt until now.”

20 The LORD replied, “I have forgiven them, as you asked. 21 Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth, 22 not one of those who saw my glory and the signs I performed in Egypt and in the wilderness but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times— 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their ancestors. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it. 24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it. 25 Since the Amalekites and the Canaanites are living in the valleys, turn back tomorrow and set out toward the desert along the route to the Red Sea.”

-Sab

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

BITE me model of Cults illustration: Behavioral Control. Information Control. Thought Control. Emotional Control

Behavioral Control Technique of Cults illustration: One has to ask permission (or be ready to explain) for major life decisions made outside group norms!

"Marriage, having children, and good health are all natural and appropriate desires. For many , though , one or more of those desires may go unfulfilled . " Paragraph 9 continues, " How unwise it would be to seek to fulfill these desires in a way contrary to godly wisdom. That would be to one's spiritual detriment. Some, for instance, have chosen forms of health care that conflict with Jehovah's counsel. Others have taken on employment that keeps them away from their families or congregation meetings. Or what of developing a romantic relationship with an unbeliever ? If a Christian follows such a course, is he truly seeking to be KNOWN BY JEHOVAH ? How would Jehovah have felt if Abraham had become IMPATIENT about the fulfillment of God's promises to him ?

Thought & Emotional Control Techniques of Cults Illustration: Us vs. Them or Black vs. White thinking used and instilled to followers. Also, use of Emotional Control technique of phobia indoctrination to instill irrational fears of ever leaving the group or questioning the leader's authority. The brainwashed victim an not visualize a positive, fullfilled life without the group.

"While the nation of Israel was en route to the promised land, Korah perceived what he imagined to be problems in God's arrangement. By the end of the next day, Korah and all those who had sided with him in rebellion were dead. In contrast, Moses was " by far the meekest of all men who were upon the surface of the ground . " There is no indication that Moses often QUESTIONED Jehovah's way of doing things or got ANNOYED at having to follow procedures that Jehovah set out ."

Behavioral Control Techniques of Cults Illustration: Individualism is discouraged and group think prevails. Need for rigid rules and regulations. Need for obedience and dependency on cult heirachy and...Thought Control Techniques of Cults Illustration - never questioning the cult heirachy.

"If a human overseer in God's organization provides you with instructions that seem extremely detailed, you might at times feel frustrated. Jehovah, however, is a perfect overseer, who delegates generously and TRUSTS his servants. When he gives many details, he does so for good reason. Take note, though, that Moses did not become irritated with Jehovah for giving that level of detail , as if Jehovah were DEMEANING him or STIFLING his creativity or FREEDOM."

Thought Control Technique of Cults Illustration: Only proper thougths are allowed. Rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism. No critical questions about leader, doctrine or policy seen as legitimate. Also has a hint of Emotional Control Technique through the use of manipulation and narrowing the range of a person's feeligns. The article is hinting that the follower feel like if there is every any problems, it is the follower's fault and NEVER the leaders' or group's fault.

"How WE REACT to adjustments in the worldwide Christian congregation and decisions made by those taking the lead in it HAS A BEARING on our being KNOWN by Jehovah. That account provides a SERIOUS WARNING for elders and others in the congregation today. Waiting on Jehovah and FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS from those appointed to take the lead requires humility. Can we acknowledge the position of those taking the lead among us and SUBMIT to directions we receive ? Are we able to rise above our PERSONAL FEELINGS when faced with disappointments ?"

Good, I hope the tightening of the noose makes more of the JDubs WAKE UP!

Skeeter

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER: Great post as always! I give you credit for even reading that garbage because I won't read their stuff anymore. I hate them and their presumptuous divine claims. As I have said sarcastically, I would love to shake the hand of the lucky brothers that god communicates to to tell them what he wants. An event this special should have made the papers, don't you think?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

A very good analysis of the subject as usual, flipper.

I find it very intersting that the GB are, once again, comparing themselves to Moses. They burden countless others with heavy burdens but they don't pull their own weight. They like their place of honour at the dinner tables at WTS HQ. Those f**king Pharisees! Isn't this the same kind of thing that Jesus warned us about in the opening verses of Matthew chapt 23? This is utterly disgusting!

V665V665

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Can you ANYONE imagine WANTING to be in a relationship with a God that required you to blindly obey or else????

What kind of a relationship is THAT?????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is it just me- or is this organization becoming more dictatorial ?.....Flipper

Welcome to Watchtower World..

Bend Over..

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit