Since You've Left The Organization Have You Turned Into A "Bad" Boy or Girl?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Witnesses say that if you leave the religion you will become a very vile person. You will probably get VD. You will get into drugs and booze, Your life will go to hell.

Personally, I've been pretty much the same guy although I would now be viewed as a "fornicator". That's ok, it could be worse.

Did YOU become wild and crazy when you left the mindset?

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

The witnesses around here drink like fish. Boozed up gatherings among people who were close friends was common. We party a bit more now but other than some pot on occasion no going crazy with drugs or alchohol, per say. We have gotten a tad more sexual and have experimented with that but done responsibly the VD thing is a mitigated risk.

To be honest though my views on right and wrong did not change much and neither did my wifes. We just no longer have abitrary rules to follow and can determine for ourselves what is bad and good. Make mistakes, certianly but thats a part of life.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I turned out alright. I sometimes have a drink once a week. That's about it.

Oh yeah, I'm a fornicator when I can. LOL

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Nope, still boring lil' ole me. I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't sleep around, don't do drugs, not into partying, prefer a quiet night at home with a good movie and someone to cuddle...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aw BP, we're two boring chicks aren't we.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Jonesey: Boring on the outside, fascinating on the inside! I reckon the 2 of us would get on like a house on fire!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep I tend to fascinate the folks who dare to get to know me.

• minimus
    minimus

ewwww

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"VD" ? Showing your age Minimus . . !

But, hey I remember "good ol' VD" too !

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

If you mean "have I turned toward self-destructive behaviour?"... well, the answer is NO. I admit that, as of late, I have done a few off the wall things that would most definitely get me in trouble with 'the leadership' but it's nothing that would send me spiralling out of control. I am pretty boring otherwise as well...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit