by AGuest 89 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout
    The Brits say gare-aj,

The posh Brits say it like that, not like us commoners! Lol

Peace

• wasblind
    wasblind

Just droppin in to say Hello to you Shelby, ok carry on :)

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You dear folks are making me LAUGH... especially you, dear Zid..."

Happy to help...

By the way, I left a note for you on the "Dog feeling Poorly" thread about a folk remedy for bone spurs...

Don't bother getting up, sweets - I'll go get it and re-post it here... Zid

Here 'tis:

AGuest, I've heard of an old folk remedy for bone spurs - drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, every day. While we're on the subject, I've heard more than one nutritionist state that bone spurs are actually a symptom of INSUFFICIENT calcium in the diet, OR insufficient additional vitamins and minerals to allow the body to properly utilize the calcium. Which involves Vitamin C, Zinc, and Vitamin D... But I'd go for the whole spectrum of vitamins and a really good multi-mineral, if I were you....
    If you're already taking such supplements, you might want to see if you're taking the ones which are most easily absorbed, or whether, like my doggie, you might have an allergic reaction to certain forms of these vitamins - or perhaps need a much higher level than the average person...
    Hope you have some improvements soon!
  • Glander
    Glander

I thought it was pronounced "Mass-of-two-shits"?

"Or-a-gun" not "Or-ree-gun"

Aguest - Where do we collect on the all pieces you're throwing around.

"Irregardless" puts my teeth on edge.

Or as the nasally voiced teen girls say, "what AV-er!"

Gree-vus, not gree-vee-ous.

"I could care less" makes no sense in the usual usage. "I couldn't care less" makes more sense.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah, Glander!!

Your comments about "Oregon" reminded me...

When I was a little tot, there was a western theme song from a television show, that was very popular. One of the lines went, "And Oregon's our goal!"

But at the age of 4 - 5, I apparently couldn't quite understand what the singers were saying... My version went, "And all our guns are GO!"

• sabastious
    sabastious

I especially hate it when people say exspescially! Oh, There's more...

-Sab

• sinis
    sinis

The phrase "my bad" makes me cringe and offer up a blood sacrifice to the gods...

• poppers
    poppers

Sorry Shelby, but jewelry has 3 vowels, and each vowel is accounted for within a separate syllable: jew*el*ry , with the accent on the first syllable.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Jew-el-le-ry 4 syllables! and 2 l's of course!

Aluminium = "Al-loo-MIN-ee-um"! The trouble is that over there in the USA you spell it wrongly!

Garage, yes, ga-raj, and with two equally stressed syllables! (There are half a dozen variations current in the uK though.)

The Brits? Oh! You mean the British! "Brits" sounds like a scouring pad!

Ziddina

My parents used to make fun of me because I couldn't say "breakfast" - I said "brekfust" instead. (For the life of me, I cannot tell whether I've ever switched from "brekfust" to "breakfast", even now - but then, they enjoyed making fun of me for ANY specious reason they could come up with...)

This is the one that puzzled me. In the UK we always say "brekfust". How else could you say it?

Oh, and Macdonalds and McDonalds...pronounced the same. Different spelling, same sound.

• Violia
    Violia

figure or figured out

we use it a lot in the south and I hate to admit I say it too

I'll tell you what- this is a phrase that is commonly heard in the south to preface a statement

proud -- it is just used in a odd way in the south - Dave Allan coe " she tells the neighbors he's been to the core, and she's proud"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit