Can I Please Just Say...

by AGuest 89 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

JEEE-HOVer drove me nuts back when I was a JW.

• ziddina
    ziddina

cõy[long o...]t.... versus coi - y[long o] t[long e]... [coyot.... coyoteee...]

Yeah, those two pronunciations always got me tangled up... The "coi - y[long o] t[long e]" was my parents' preferred pronunciation - but they came from South Dakota, so that can't be the "hispanic" pronunciation...

Of course, I mispronounce some doozy's, too...

For some reason, I can't say "hamsters" - I end up saying "hamPsters"...

My parents used to make fun of me because I couldn't say "breakfast" - I said "brekfust" instead. (For the life of me, I cannot tell whether I've ever switched from "brekfust" to "breakfast", even now - but then, they enjoyed making fun of me for ANY specious reason they could come up with...)

Oh, and my god - try mixing a Westerner with a Southerner [deep South, not Texas...] and then get them talking about "roofs" and "routes"... No wonder my husband (from Florida) and I (from South Dakota/Colorado) cannot communicate!!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Cant stand the expression "Off the hook". What does that even mean?
    Ever been fishing?

Sure. All the time. Generally when a fish gets off the hook, that's a bad thing.

"This party is off the hook!!!"

I just don't get it.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, my... more responses/participation than I anticipated! So, let me give a blanket "THANK YOU for playing along" to all... 'cause meds will wear off soon... forcing me to take more. And then I'm out. Literally.

Peace, all you chickens!

SA, on her own... posting short "brief" comments (aren't you all so PROUD of me?? Ridiculers, hush!)... 'cause that's all she can handle, right now...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I just don't get it.

Let me try again - ever been sitting around with a used car salesman when a prospective buyer walks out on him?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It's not bad for the fish. Get it? LOL

I do think it sounds funny.

• AGuest
    AGuest

You dear folks are making me LAUGH... especially you, dear Zid (peace to you!). Which, while making my stoopid arm/shoulder go "TWANG!" (in a not so good way)... is causing my spirit to go twang in a GOOD way! Laughter IS good medicine - for both the body and the SPIRIT!

Please keep commenting if you wish, folks; and I'll keep checking in... until I check out!

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Let me try again - ever been sitting around with a used car salesman when a prospective buyer walks out on him?

Sure. Still has a negative connotation. When the "off the hook" term is used these days, it's to make something sound awesome.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Shelby, this is really a Fun Friday thread. But thanks for getting the par-Tay started early! LOL

CoC

• james_woods
    james_woods

It probably was awesome for the used car buyer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit