Can I Please Just Say...

by AGuest 89 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    When the "off the hook" term is used these days, it's to make something sound awesome.

It's awesome for the fish that got away...

I can see him now... "Dude! you ain't gonna believe it! damned ole fisherman had me hooked. He was reeling me in. I thought I was gonna be pan-fried by nightfall. But I managed to get loose. I got away! It was off the hook!"

• watersprout
    watersprout

Ok I hate ''everyfin''... It's everyTHing not everyfin! Grrrr

Cuggle instead if Cuddle... I mean seriously??

Oh and FANKS instead of Thanks.. Wheres the TH people??

Ay instead of ''I'm not''

Dow instead of ''don't''

Peace *hates it when people do not enounciate*

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, oops (again!), dear Coc (again, peace to you!). Can I use the excuse that my current drug regiment is causing the days to all run together so that I actually didn't know WHAT day it is... until you reminded me?

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I just asked a couple girls around me what's the hook, in the expression, "off the hook?" What's the original illustration? They all busted out laughing and one said that I analyze things too much. Another girl said its like, "being off the chain." So I asked her, what was on the chain in the first place? What was on the hook? The one girl replied its like a suspect who beat the charges, and there's no consequences to his actions. They're all in here laughing right now about this question though.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Off the hook round here means ''got away with it''. If you did something naughty and got off scot free.

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sounds like mispronunciations from across the pond, dear WS (the greatest of love and peace to, chile!)? See, I didn't even wanna GO there - LOLOLOL! It's bad/hard enough just dealin' with the States and Canada! LOLOLOLOL!

Thanks for "playing", my dear one!

Peace!

SA, on her own... and starting to fade (YAY!! Well, until the "side effects" kick in...)

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe "off the hook" means, "not quite right", "off" mentally, as in:

George? You are off the hook

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Flustrated

instead of frustrated.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

No worries Shelby. LOL It's fun!

Here's some other ones:
    Apricado instead of avocado
    Shacuzzi instead of jacuzzi

CoC

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Sounds like mispronunciations from across the pond,

I don't want to know then LOLOLOL. (the greatest love and peace to you) Hopefully you will fade soon and have a peaceful few hours.

There is a department store in the UK called ''Debenhams'' and Carrot always pronounces it ''Deb-bub-a-nums'' Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! He cannot pronounce it correctly. My family keep trying to get him to say it like he's a puppet. Lol

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit