To Dissassociate or just Fade into Inactivity ? Your Choice ? Reasons ?

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

I dissassociated because the elders were watching my house and I wanted to put an end to it. I didn't want to live with a feeling that someone was watching and monitoring my activities. It was a painful decision in the beginning, but one I am glad to have made.

Donny

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I just stopped going and told them not to conact me about 'the watchtower or religion'.

I'm living my life. I do not recognize their authority and won't play their game.

I've been to church regularly and they haven't been able to do a thing about it as they have no 'reliable' witnesses......so much for the big J cleaning his congregation. I laugh at it. As on sister said to Mrs Punk: 'We'll leave it to Jehovah!'

They'll have a long wait relying on their imaginary friend!!

• Scully
    Scully

Fade, facilitated by moving out of congregation and circuit territory.

Sending a letter to DA, in my mind, would indicate that I accept their authority and heirarchical structure as legitimate. I don't recognize their authority or heirarchy as valid and I will refuse until my dying breath to convey otherwise to them.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I stepped down. I slowly lowered JW activity in all areas. Currently fading. I've "come out" (on varying levels depending on the person's capacity to handle the "full flavor" version of me, or, the 'lite' version of me) to a few trusted friends and family members. So far, the results have been good. I'm finding that there are, indeed, more and more people like us in the Org and that the number is growing every day.

I went from being a Watchtower Superstar to a low level JW in a relatively short period of time. Watching it all unfold is quite fascinating to observe. I'm getting mixed reactions from JWs.

Some are intrigued and have opened up to me a bit about their own personal views. It seems that questioning minds and those with doubts/complaints about the Organization are afraid to open up to those in positions of "authority," or, those who appear to be ultra-zealous. Once I showed that I lacked full-fledged allegiance to the WT Org., I became more appealing to those on the fringe. I'm heard everything from, "What is your secret?" to "I admire what you're doing," to "I'm finding it harder and harder to (insert adherence to JW rule or activity here)."

There are others who don't personally like my recent decisions but are still being loving and supportive, sensing that something may be wrong. They offer some encouragement or adjust their speaking manner to the tone that one would use to address a sad child. I appreciate their effort and their willingness to show some feeling toward me. It comes from a loving place. It's kind of interesting, though, to watch their confused reaction when I smile and wholeheartedly assure them that I'm happier than ever and then, return their offer of assistance and support.

Lastly, there are those who are keeping their distance. I've received a few "stink-eyes" from those who can't figure me out or who may perceive me as some sort of threat to their spirituality. These folks are few and are mostly super-devout JWs who are more Watchtower Society worshippers than Christians. Since I'm showing (in their opinion) signs of weakness, they have decided to steer clear. That's fine with me.

The bottom line is this: The less I have to do with the JW Organization, the happier I am. The people who I'm closest to are enjoying my newfound sense of peace and calm. I'm sleeping better. I'm more productive. Im more loving. I feel more alive. I'm a better person for it.

Who can argue with those results?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Franklin you have a PM

SIAM

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

That, Brother Massey, is great news. I wish you a successful fade.

BTW, how are your hours in the cultist-making work?

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

SIAM, you have a PM.

Thanks, SBC. My hours are low. Most of my weekends are now spent enjoying quality time with my family and friends. There are also some of the older ones that I like to visit. Sometimes one of the friends will need help with a project or something and I'm happy to assist. That kind of stuff has mostly replaced field service. Therefore, I have almost no time to report.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

My wife and I went with the quick-fade over DA simply because of our entire family on both sides being hardcore JWs. Most will not speak to us since we stopped attending meetings, but there are still a few holdouts who hope we'll come back.

The great part is the second generation coming of age (neices and nephews); several of which we hope will learn the truth about their religion in flee. If so, they will have a welcome landing pad in our home.

• umadevi
  • Violia
    Violia

Donny

you could have reported them watching/stalking your home to the police. I know as jws we were told to settle things among ourselves and not take a brother to court, still, there are reasons to call the police.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit