The Trinity

by The Quiet One 163 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Are you saying Samuel L. Jackson is Brother Jesus.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    .....because he's (God) black in appearance.

God black, Jesus jewish, Holy Ghost pale? Confusing.

Think About It

• bob1999
    bob1999

" does 2 Cor 4:4 mean that Satan is the "God" of the universe?"

No, it says world. I read that as fallen world.

John 15:19--If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

[Fallen] world and universe are not the same.

Peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    It's different if you're of the elect. God can appear to you personally and you have no doubts.

That's what I'm talking about. Cut out the middle men. Let God personally tell you what's what.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Soooo....take your pick...which do you prefer? Which fits better with what you want to believe?"

You didn't read that carefully at all.

The question is "Which is the superior Greek New Testament"

"Any proper and adequate answer given to this question must begin with the matter of definition of terms. First, what is meant by the term "superior"? This may seem an unnecessary question since it might be supposed that all would agree on the answer, namely, the superior Greek New Testament is that one which most closely preserves and presents the precise original wording of the original Greek writings of the New Testament. However, in the rather voluminous popular literature on this issue, some writers have argued that one text or another is superior because it is perceived to contain more proof-texts of the Trinity, the Deity of Christ, or some other doctrine. In fact, to make a selection on such a basis is much beside the point."

So it has nothing to do with what you (I) want to believe.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"That's what I'm talking about. Cut out the middle men. Let God personally tell you what's what."

That's not un-biblical.

Jeremiah 31:33

33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
    after that time,” declares the LORD.
    “I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
    34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’
    because they will all know me,

So if God has put he's law in my mind and on my heart and I no longer need to be taught to "Know the Lord"

That sounds like the middle men have been cut out.

I can't find it right now but in one of the letters we are told that the spirit is teaching us all we need to know......so whether the spirit is God's force or part of the triune God there's no middle men.

Peace

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Which is the superior Greek New Testament"?

Why does an unbiased examination show "numerous" attempts to add spurious Trinitarian slants to scripture in order to "prove it"?

Trinity not taught to Israel....not in unbiased reading of NT....Church counsels with political backing needed to establish Trinity....many man-made additions to scripture to give Trinity twist?

Just sayin'....it's all Greek to me.

Think About It

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    That's not un-biblical.

I agree. Almost all denominations of Christianity support their theology with the Bible. I believe it can be used to support the concept of God communciating directly with individuals.

Naturally, I find it curious that recipients of the messages have mutually exclusive ideas about topics that their opponents hold as very important.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Thanks for the replies. I think that this page is relevant to the discussion.. http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Topical.show/RTD/CGG/ID/3562/Personification.htm"

So go to that site.

Click on "About"

"This site is owned and operated by the Church of the Great God, Inc. " click on that.

Click on "Was Jesus Dead?"

by Herbert W. Armstrong?????

His own chruch, that he founded, has rejected him as a false prophet and returned to orthodoxy.

You really should check your sources more carefully.

Peace

• still thinking
    still thinking

bob1999....I have copied an excerpt from the site you recommend above....

Therefore the names of Christ have always been - whether names or titles - words which describe what He is. Most frequently He was called "Yahweh," erroneously translated in the Revised Version "Jehovah." In the King James Version it is rendered "Lord."

Today we do not know either the correct spelling or pronunciation of this holy, sacred name - it was so sacred it was never pronounced in ancient Israel, any more than a son who properly honors his father would call him by his first name. Yet we know its MEANING - it means "The Eternal" - or the One in whom is inherent LIFE. It signifies One who possesses life inherent from eternity to eternity - life-source! He also was called "Yahweh-ropha" - God our healer. He gave His name to Moses as "I AM." That is, the One who IS - who EXISTS - who has life inherent in Himself!

He also is the Word, or Spokesman. God is Creator - but the Father created all things by, and thru, Christ the WORD. He is the One who "SPAKE" and it was done." He is the One who said, "Let there be light" - and the Holy Spirit moving upon the face of the waters performed the command, and "there was light." Yet Jesus spoke, or commanded, only what the Father had commanded Him. Father, Word and Holy Spirit combined in perfect harmony in Creation!

This has to be the most round about confusing explanation I have read for a while....Jesus is Yahweh, Jehovah and Lord????? So Yahweh is Jesus's sacred Name. But then it goes on to say that we don't honour the father if we call him by HIS name....what???? Are you serious?? If it is Jesus name...then it isnt the Fathers name. So what difference if we say it?

Going off what I quoted above....When Jesus told us how to pray...ie "Our Father etc.... why didn't he simply say you are actually praying to me? Since the father and I are one....I am Yahweh and Jehovah....and "I AM"

In fact...he says he has made him known....but where does he actually SAY his fathers name in the NT? He doesn't. He simply shows us that we should call him father. Don't you think this is making it clear that by doing this he is not confusing the father with the son? He is NOT bringing in names and other things that can be manipulated to be the father or the son...he simply calls him "my father" and tells us to do the same. I quite like the fact that he doesn't use a name for his father...because if his father created ALL things and was before all creation...he probably doesn't even have a name...we name things...we don't name ourselves. So Jesus is simply stating the relationship he has with his creator who named him.

John: 17:26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Jesus NEVER tries to take credit for being part of a God head...he gives his father credit for EVERYTHING.

The only thing he does say..is

John 14:3 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

John 14:20 says it like it is....it does not pretend to be a trinity of any sort...it simply explains how Jesus is with God...He is no more equal to the father or part of a God head than we are.

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit