VERY depressed

by youngbro 91 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am the Granny on board. My advice to you is quit going to the Kingdumb Hell.
    Go for a good walk. Your O.k. Kiddo. just needs to take of the" mindcuffs"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

New Chapter, it sounds like you go to a wonderful church.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

..I get this almost like a woman's period, during the last few days of the month, I get more emotional, I call it a myriad, man period. (Dont laugh

haah)...

I used to believe that people with depression were just weak until I read what it's really like. It sounds like what I used to experience during my PMS week. No matter what was going on in my life, everything seemed bleak and hopeless. First I would cry and then get mean as a snake. Thankfully it only lasted one week out of the month, and it has eased up with hormone treatments and age. But man, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Take care of yourself Youngbro. The sooner you can get out of the clutches of the Watchtower, the better. But in the meantime, try to focus on what kind of future you want to have once you're out in the world.

• youngbro
    youngbro

I am a bit better today. I handed in m y l e tter of ap p eal of my MS ordeal today...

Sort of. If I do get to remain, I can be a undercover, and thus tick the elduhs off.

If (which is what I assume will happen), I am deleted, I can change congs and begin to fade....

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Youngbro---are you still seeking to be a ministerial servant?

NC

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I usually try to be more diplomatic than this but I have to tell you the comments of Visitor 525 are more vile and hurtful than anything Godrulz ever posted...I have battled with depression for the last eight years and the demons or any other "supernatural" forces have nothing to do with it...but giving up the JWs was a HUGE help...

Visitor 525 unless you have real evidence of your claim you can keep that kind of shit to yourself.

• dm6
    dm6

Young bro, if you are on facebook, add me and we can talk. I get this often and it is NOT nice at all.

facebook.com/snowball21

For some tempoary sanity go to your doctors and whatever you do, DO NOT please do not get any anti depressants, they only worsen the situation, nbeileve me i have been there on a high dosage of fluoxetine hydrochloride (prozac) and a number of others citalopram etc.

The only thing which will work beileve it or not... is diazepam. Valium.

Be very CAREFUL not to over do it though, because it can lead to addiction to these tablets. Whenever you feel down and depressed, just take one 5mg tablet and you will be fine after that.

Do this for a month or so, but only take it when you really need it, because again, it WILL lead to an addiction.

This worked for me and i am fine :)

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

dm6--I think he is already seeing a doctor. I'm sorry your antidepressant didn't work for you, but they work for many people. Recommending an addcitive drug may be counter productive. That's good it worked for you, but I don't know if you ever even met youngbro and that doesn't work for everyone. It's better to leave the prescribing to doctors. You can certainly share your experience though.

NC

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

demons lol and they JW's are not superstitious.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Please call your doctor now. If you fear calling him, Google SAMSHA in DC. They have lines for suicide and depression. If you are not suicidal, ask for a warm line. My worry is that you might do something impulsive b/c of the depression. Err on the side of reaching out to people and your doctor.

If your depression worsens on a regular basis, I suggest seeing a psychopharmacologist. Antidepressants are messy and complicated. These doctors don't do any therapy. They consult with your regular doctor. I have experience. They are not afraid to use much larger doses, depending on the circumstances. I would not accept feeling bad as normal.

Suffering is not good for the soul. I suffered a severe illness for decades and travelled around the country seeking treatment. You have to be assertive. It is hard to stand up to doctors, esp. after the deference we are taught in the Witnesses.

My good thoughts are going in your direction. Hang in there. Seek relief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit