VERY depressed

by youngbro 91 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Most of what JW's think is clinical depression is really out of control fear and anxiety. If fear is your problem, once you can see it and get help finding new coping tools, you'll find you hardly ever will feel depressed.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

• Money?
    • Housing?
    • Electric bill
    • Views on God
    • Spousal questions

You get the idea.... Once you begin to write it out you will see what is bothering you the most. I've done this exercise quite a few times and it really gets me focused to identify the "big stuff" and the "little stuff". Eventually you realize that life is what it is, and you can change some things, others you cannot.

Tomorrow morning the sun will come up. Monday morning... the sun will come up AND the Stock Market will be open again!!! Wooooohoooooo!!! Now THERE'S something to be happy about!

Hope that put a smile on your face....

• youngbro
    youngbro

And tommorow is Meeting...ugg

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Ahhhh, so you're still a Witness?? I'm beginning to understand now.... go on, tell us more. (I'm in an unusually chatty mood this evening)

• youngbro
  • Gayle
    Gayle

youngbro,,I am so sorry,,can you start making a list of what is good in your life,,I know sometimes it is so easy to list what's bad, frustrating and depressing.

You are young. There's so much ahead for you of good things, amazing things. Many here have had to go through all the WTS ugly stuff when they were so much older. Is it possible for you to join a health club? Can you get into a hobby or class that would be fun? You probably could meet a friend (non-JW) that enjoys simple basic stuff, just start that. Don't let the WTS control your mind and heart. You may be with your parents for now? You can grow anyway for now. Try to read interesting books.

You are valuable,,you are sensing the WTS being false,,and that it will not be able to help you in any way. You may be beyond your years of insights already and be proud of that, ok? Hold on to your value! You know you are actually really very lucky!

Just a grandma now who cares.

• blondie
    blondie

I am not a doctor but.........

1) are you seeing a doctor? If so, do they have a 24-hour number you can call to get in touch with a doctor on call?

2) Let them know what meds you are on and what you are thinking about right now.

3) Do you have a trusted friend or relative close by that you can be with and talk to?

Depression is more a medical condition that is aggravated by sad things past or present. And weirdly enough, when nothing has happened recently.

I have seasonal affective disorder which strikes every winter for about 3 months. There is no cure and I would have had it WTS or not in my life. I use a special light that gets me through. I takes time to get in touch with the patterns of your life and to work out what is medical and what isn't. Sadness in itself is not bad or unusual, but it can linger or grow into something that is.

Blondie

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Youngbro---shrug off what visitor said. It's a lie, it's destructive, and you don't need that kind of guilt to aggravate your condition.

I need to ask---are you safe? Please let me know.

Have you read the book by David Burns called Feeling Good, The New Mood Therapy? I rarely recommend self-help books. Most are very gimmicky. But this one really did help me. It helped me with cognitive thinking---taking some control over my emotions. I read it years ago and still benefit today. It was one of those ACTIVE things that I could do for myself.

Try to remember that what you FEEL is not usually the reality. For instance, just because a person feels guilty it doesn't mean they did anything wrong. Or just because a person feels unloved doesn't mean that's true either.

I know it's hard to pinpoint--but what's on your mind?

Edit to say: I assume because you said you are on the right meds, you are getting treatment. We are NO substitute for doctors---but we can listen. As long as you are safe.

NC

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

visitor 525 Are you my wife??

If you are, you've already had one 'Bible' study burn her house down to get rid of demons that turned out be a chemical imbalance. Take your toxic beliefs elsewhere.

Chris

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Ive dealt with depression most of my life. Ive used a number of different meds and have had a lot of couseling. But even with the best help in the world, sometimes it can still just overwhelm me.

When I am overwhelmed with sadness that is elusive and seemingly unfixable. The only thing that helps is to start walking.

I walk until i am exhausted and then I go to bed. if i am cooped up itside with no place to hike, I start cleaning, and I mean some serious house cleaning, wash the curtains, scrub the floor on my knees, etc.

In my opininion, when your depressed is not the time to start analyzing whats wrong with your life. Do something that will make you sweat and get your brain to shut eff up. Then later, when your in a better place emotionally, take a look at whatever the issues are that need to be dealt with in your life

When your depressed you can never work things our in your head. Get out of your head and into your body through physical activity that will make you sweat. Your brain will work better afterwards.

Of course, I am asuming that you are already under a doctors care, you should do the first.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit