VERY depressed

by youngbro 91 Replies latest jw friends

• jdhf
    jdhf

You poor thing....please realise that you will not always feel like that...depression can be so frightening and one of the things we forget in those dark times is that it does end...it does lift. You need to seek medical advice or a second opinion. I don't know where you are based...but lots of us around the world are rooting for you!

• youngbro
    youngbro

I can text and chat from my msn, if you wish to do that, PM me with your info. Could use some comfort.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Youngbro, I can't chat as I'm at work but happy to send you my email if you'd like it.

Trust what the other posters have siad it will get better!

Retro

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I know that in the beginning, things seem to get worse before they get better. The suggestions to leave can sound very facile. It is a true struggle for most people. I found it a worthwhile struggle but things may get worse. The process is important compared to where you are every second. Please do what your heart tells you to do. Staying can be be right for certain people.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Young Bro, here is some advice that I usually give to ANYONE having problems with the Watchtower Society....

Editing... All I got was that blank box with no toolbars...

Here's what you do. If you have family still in, then fade - that is, if you are concerned about their feelings and whether or not they'll talk to you. Make it a slow fade if you can stand it.

AS you are fading, START BUILDING AN ESCAPE ROUTE. Make so-called "worldly" friends - but make sure that they're GOOD people. Drug addicts, alcoholics - well, raging alcoholics, and 'people-users' need not apply.

If you aren't in a small town, then check out other churches. Speak to the pastor/preacher/priest about your concerns and needs. Perhaps you can find some help there - and new friends!

GET A BETTER EDUCATION. Go to community college if necessary; save the four-year-college for AFTER you get out. OR go to a trade school - ANYTHING that will enable you to GET A GOOD JOB.

Which brings me to - GET A GOOD JOB. And learn to SAVE YOUR MONEY. If you're still living at home with JW parents, a good job - and SAVINGS - will be your ticket out of there and into your own apartment.

It's gonna be tricky, doing all of this while maintaining a facade of "Jehovah's Witness" 'spirituality', but think of it as a stressful but exciting time in which you'll learn a LOT of life-lessons that will help you, further on in your life.

Best results to you! Zid

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey buddy, I'll send you a PM here. I'm out on the farm today and connectivity is TERRIBLE for some reason. I had to resort to dial-up and 40 minutes later I still can't get my email to load. Now I'm depressed! I'll try to contact you tomorrow after exams while I'm at school... where there's also almost zero cell coverage, but I can get wifi. Why did I go with AT&T? I should know that large corporations will always mislead me :-( Jeez, I can't even get the emoticons to load.

• youngbro
    youngbro

@Billy: Got it bro! I can email/message via MSN.

@jdhf: I added your msn and hope to hear from you soon!

@Zidinna: Well noted and already in plan!

@Bandontherun: Thank you! Its always so odd- I know things will get better, I just have to get through th pain.

@Retrovirus: Just PM me your email! And thank you!

Thanks to all for the loving support!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Hi YoungBro! I feel for you. I also suffered from depression when I was a JW. Not anymore thou. No more pills. Just pure unexplicable joy. Please know that if you have doubts about the Watchtower teachings, it does not mean you are doubting GOD, YHWH, Jehovah, so don't let this add to your burden. If you are still living with your parents or any other arrangement from which you cannot depart right now, look forward to the day when you live by yourself. It is not a sin or crime to move out of your house and have your own apartment. One of the human rights is the right to pursue your happiness.

Now in my personal case, I have seen that my problem was my upbringing in that Sect. I don't have any personality disorder (don't ask my friends thou ;). Make sure that the doctors run some tests on you. In my case everything was fine but I didn't know and at the same time I KNEW what was wrong - the environment in which I was in - I was sick/depressed because of the show I was putting on, I was not living my life, I was doing things just for my family and the congregation to see thus my human body was not sick, my HUMAN BEING, my soul was. Perhaps you have never thought about this. Human Body, Human Being, which one is sick? You know the answer. I talked to a very loving social worker once that told me to love myself, to pamper myself, to talk nice and pretty to myself - to nurture the little girl inside me (something we don't get in that sect, gosh I overheard my parents many times saying that I was going to be destroyed in Armagedon and they didn't seem concerned, it was like matter of fact - LOL!). So if for some reason you cannot leave the environment in which you are in right now, take care of yourself the human being, the litle boy inside you. I will be praying for you.

Life is beautiful - it may not seem like this always - but it is! Things will be okay.

• youngbro
    youngbro

@Bella15! Thank you for your kindness, I sent you a PM!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Check your pms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit