Atheist Fascism

by Band on the Run 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Vanderhoven7 : Godrulz would post something calling people ignorant, at least to me because he didn't agree with different views.

undercover: I dont mind preaching, what I do mind are people who preach and dont elaborate and can't discusse things properly

• VIII
    VIII

For the record, I don't believe in Allah either. Oh, and I think Mohammad was a Richard Cranium.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Nobody can read ancient arabic therefore muslims have to rely on the teachings of old scholars about the translation of the book.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

UC,

<<Just keep it to yourself. Don't preach about it, don't seek public office on a "Christian platform", don't praise God because you scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl.>>

I'm glad you support constitutional and human rights. But since the US constitution allows for freedom of speech...you'll just have to put up with the football players who want to praise God in public. Remember, the First Amendment which prohibits the making of laws impeding the free exercise of religion, or abridging the freedom of speech...also allows Atheists to promote their ideas. And no one is stopping anyone from seeking public office on an "Atheist platform".

• NomadSoul
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, lets be honest here:

The vast majority of people have NEVER had Christianity rammed down their throat and just because some people have used religion to cause crap or as an excuse for the crap that do, that doesn't make the rest of those the believe in Christ to blame, just like we don't blame atheists for what other atheists do in the "name" of atheisim ( and no, we aren't going to get into that because we have too many threads about that anyways).

We are living in the 21st century and PERSONALLY we need to focus on that, not what happened 500 years ago or even 100 years ago, but here and now.

You personally h ave NOT been a victim of 2000 years or Christian ramming anything and considering tha for the first 300 years or so, Christains were to bust trying not to get killed, I think that 2K number is a tad all over the place.

As for government inflitration, since we are talking about it, it doesn't seem like much of an infiltration, does it?

Not sure how you view Christainity to blame for what secular governments do ( and for the past 100 years that is what governments have been to the greatest extent), that they have infulence, YES, as do any other "special interest groups".

Now, I am asking you UC, what are YOUR issues with Christianity? personally.

I am asking because I truly would like to know.

I think I covered it already...
    2000 years of Christians in all their various factions and sects trying to ram their superstitious beliefs down everyone's throat...to the point of infiltrating governments... and then when non-believers, i.e. atheists, start to assert their position and let themselves be heard, their labeled "fascist"?
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt
    We are living in the 21st century and PERSONALLY we need to focus on that, not what happened 500 years ago or even 100 years ago, but here and now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

lol NS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism This is an odd coupling with atheism which is not an ideology or a group seeking to establish a totalitarian state however, I think I get what your saying which boils down to:

'Please respect my religion and don't put it under any pressure that I may find offensive.'

I can understand that, I used to get mad when people would criticise me but as a side measure throw in lots of verbal about things I found sacred. I could handle being attacked (most of the time!) but it felt very unfair to use the flanking assault on my holy tokens (xians do it all the time when they dis mormon underwear and temples.)

• leavingwt
  • undercover
    undercover

I'm glad you support constitutional and human rights. But since the US constitution allows for freedom of speech...you'll just have to put up with the football players who want to praise God in public. Remember, the First Amendment which prohibits the making of laws impeding the free exercise of religion, or abridging the freedom of speech

and thin-skinned Christians will have to endure being exposed as "irrational". Tit for tat. They don't want to be ridiculed or criticised, then don't push beliefs on people. If they want to exericise their rights, then don't bitch when people who don't agree with them exercise their right. Someone who praises God for some simple everyday act is going to be ridiculed by me as irrational. If that makes me a "fascist Atheist" so be it. Rather that than being labeled irrational and delusional.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

And I have suffered from so-called Christianity. Why do you think we're on this site? Because we like puppy dogs and ice cream cones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit