Me and my brother.

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Nic,

As you can see, I got here!

I hadn't been the one to kick him out of the congregation but I felt so responsible, and I knew why. I was his older brother and I was supposed to look after him but I'd let him down. The moment that thought crystalised the words just tumbled out "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

You let no-one down! You were true to your faith at that time, as many of us here have also been. We were lied to and our good natures were taken advantage of. You're absolutely blameless. The guilt lies with Watchtower.

I've finally made my peace with my brother. I told him I loved him and that I'd never let him down again. Nothing will ever bring back those missing twenty years but I'm glad our paths have finally joined up again.

A wonderful ending to a powerful story. Your brother fully understands - as you do now. You both have so much to give now, not just to each other, but to others who are in or could be facing a similar situation.

A great post, Nic. Tell your brother we send our sincere best wishes.

Love,

Ian, Claire, Karl and Dominic

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

**I'll never forget that night. We were both just kids, he was fourteen and I was almost sixteen. He picked up his green hardback bible, clutched it to his chest and cried himself to sleep.**

This is just heart-breaking. I'm so upset with this - crying for 10 minutes now.

Renewed anger and indignation for the WTS.

Apalling cruelty and absolutely horrifying edicts.

That poor broken-hearted little boy.

-Aude.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

NIc,

I just read your posts(time limits) and want to say I can feel it. I was the same way with my sister, I've told I'm sorry, it is so cruel the way the WT robs us of our families, when we are forced to shun them and indoctrinated to shun them. I'm glad you over came the WT's mind control.

• Mystery
    Mystery

The time always comes - in each and every life - when we finally 'get' it - when in the midst of all our fears and irrationality, the voice inside us cries ENOUGH! Enough fighting, crying, and struggling to just hold on. Sobs begin to subside, we shudder once or twice, blink back the tears, and begin to look at the world through new eyes.

I am glad you contacted your brother. You have another 20 years to make up for it. Get busy making the most of it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I hope some of the JWs visiting this site will see this...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yeah them and others

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Nic I was deeply moved by your post. It should be added to the best of set I think. It gives great hope and comfort. I could so easily have ended up in the kind of trouble your brother did being disfelloshipped at 16 and reproved at 14 myself. I hope one day like you have been I can be reunited with my sisters although I really can't imagine how that conversation would go...

Almost there thanks for relating your dreadful experiences - that must have been terrible for you. I feel lucky in comparison!

hugs crumpet x

• Open mind
    Open mind

BTTT.

I've been posting about me & my DFed sibling here lately, but this post really deserves a BTTT.

Open Mind

• choosing life
    choosing life

There was a period that the jws would mark unbaptived youth that were older and not baptized. (And rebellious) And they treated theses ones as they do disassociated ones today. I remember some friends of mine who would not speak to their daughter who was in this "state".

As soon as the jws changed the rules, they carried on with her as if nothing had ever happened. She was suddenly ok to associate with. All on the suggestion of some crazy men.

It had a profound effect on me. My mind just couldn't make moral sense of it. Still can't.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Nic,

I just saw this post, how moving it was to read it...thanks for sharing with us.

Just remember we can't change a thing that happened a minute ago, but can plan for the future. How exciting for you to have your brother again, and he having you. Just wonderful news for your children that will gain a Uncle, Aunt, and cousins. Bring on the holliday's!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit