Could you eat breakfast after watching this at Bethel?

by Dogpatch 70 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

you mean to tell me that they put the food in front of you, and then do this for 30 mins? that is some cult tactic bs stuff right there. wow.

• TheListener
    TheListener

This was a good one compared to Couch or Gangas.

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

"Now little boys (and a few girls), be sure to wash your hands after you touch your pee-pee! God wants you to be clean and healthy and set a good example." Somehow God could see the future and figured we'd all still be wiping our asses with our left hands well into the 20th century? How patronizing.

This is complete crap. My parents tried to get me to set a goal of Bethel. Glad I told them I didn't want to.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Less than a minute before quiting. It is like watching decomposition in slow motion.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It did not come up for me, but from the comments posted here it does not sound good!

Even so, a brother from my old cong. went to Bethel in 1976-he was in Brooklyn till 1995- then in Patterson. His wife came to Bethel in 1990. As far as I know (at least as of late 2010) they are both there! Perhaps they had different views of what goes on at breakfast? Or it does not bother them so much. They always seemed happy at Bethel whenever I got the chance to visit.

• Gayle
    Gayle

oh my goodness!! now a I remember why I had to start making and having my coffee before I went down for Morning Worship.

No wonder we got brain dead and easily brain controlled and under-developed critical thinking abilities!

The only Morning Worship mornings that broke away from that hum-drum was when Knorr would go on and on about his "masturbation" topic tirades, and then right after we were sometimes served undercooked scrambled eggs for breakfast!!

• steve2
    steve2

What's that old saying? Ah yes, No brain, no pain. I could imagine a typical JW not being bothered by this at all. It can still astonish me when I see a reminder of that dreadfully leaden atchtower mentality. It sucks the sheer light out of the new day to make it seem like night.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

All joy has been sucked from me having watched that. I'm not a morning person. I would have fallen asleep... or bashed my own brains in. Not really sure which.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, when Swingle was going on and on I kept jumping ahead. His monotone and head position never changed. It was really funny.

NC

• cult classic
    cult classic

I remember my first morning worship. I sat there thinking "Uh oh, something's really not right here."

Apart from the program, it was pretty fun. My table group was hilarious. We were in tears every morning. Most of them weren't drinking the kool-aid and the table head and foot didn't care about our attitudes. Also the table head's wife and I were the only "girls" and we were spoiled rotten. We could miss morning worship as much as we wanted. I don't think the table head's wife came down 10 times in a 6-month period. She actually wasn't very nice though. She rarely looked at me and never said hello. So I was happy she never showed.

Whenever we return to visit family and friends there we always tell them, "No thanks, no need to get us in for morning worship. Lots of shopping to do, we'll pick you up for lunch."

Geeeezus, morning worship is such a hot funky cult mess....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit