Could you eat breakfast after watching this at Bethel?

by Dogpatch 70 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Wow... was every breakfast like this? This was painful.

I can assure you that it's much worse than this video can convey, as bad as it is. It was torture. Every monring, Monday - Friday. Assigned seating. Mandatory attendance. The food and the coffee were horrible, about 75% of the time. Once per week, we'd have a decent pastry.

The old men would stumble around on microphone like clueless geezers.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

It came up for me. You know you never really realize how crazy this religion is until you step back for a moment and watch a video like this. So you mean to tell me, every morning you had to listen to this kind of drivel before eating breakfast? The old grainy nature of the video makes it particulary creepy, kind of watching old videos of militia men training in Montana during the 80's, or the grainy bigfoot video where he steps over a log and then looks over his shoulder. I haven't been to Bethel since I was a preteen and never had aspirations of becomine a Bethelite, but seeing this video puts an especially creepy spin on this religion, and the happenings at Bethel. To see some young American kid commenting about the laws in Israel is just plain creepy.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I would've of Hung myself and by the time THEY FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!

I would look like this

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So you mean to tell me, every morning you had to listen to this kind of drivel before eating breakfast?

Yes.

• undercover
    undercover

I went to visit Bethel in my 20s. Before that I had no real aspiration to go...mostly because of living in a big city. But after visiting, for all it's cleanliness and organization, something deep inside told me, "don't do it. You won't make it". At the time I kinda figured that I wasn't spiritual enough or whatever to be part of "God's House". Looking back, I think it was some kind of self defense mechanism deep inside that knew better and was warning me. I like to think that anyway...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When I signed the Bethel application, I had never seen Bethel and didn't have a clue what I was getting into. I grew up in RURAL Mississippi. Brooklyn and Harlem were a wee bit different.

Great adventure for a 19-year-old. Better yet, it demonstrated to me that there was no magic in the WT leadership. Most a$$holes.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Never Visited Bethel even as a Pioneer.

I didn't like they way MANY talked as if it were the Most Holy of the Temple!

Talk about Worship in the wrong place..

Have you visited Bethel yet?....No? Oh....You must..You HAVE to!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

How awful to be talking about blowing your nose and using the toilet at the breakfast table.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I didn't find the video so much nauseating as just painfully banal. It's hard to believe that this is what bethelites have to face every morning...

V665V665

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

could you eat breakfast first then listen to this shiiiiiiiiiit? thats the real question

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit