Could you eat breakfast after watching this at Bethel?

by Dogpatch 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Wacko's

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

What time did everybody wake up after breakfast?

It seems to me that Lyman Swingle should still be in his pyjamas .

• edmond dantes
  • edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

If I had been there I would have beeen tempted to grab the mike and ask "can anyone here play the spoons?

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

"If I had been there I would have beeen tempted to grab the mike and ask "can anyone here play the spoons?"

LOLZ!

Does anyone else get the feeling that these GB nutcases are acting very similar to the catholics who observe lent? Here they are, Brothelites busting ass in the early morning hours...finally getting some chow served, and they have to display the most supreme self-control and instead choose to feed on "gods spiritual food". Are they trying to show how much they love god by this nonsensical dislplay of self-control? For what? What reason is there to go thru the daily text while your shitty breakfast gets colder and colder? Sounds like something the Pharisee's would have done.

Im sure that starving yourself while trying to listen and meditate on information has to be really effective. Remember those tests you took in high-school on an empty stomach cause you overslept and didn't have time to eat?

Nothing more than an organization full of complete tools.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

What did Swingle mean about 'good news from Europe'?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    What did Swingle mean about 'good news from Europe'?

He meant they were gonna tour again.

thank you, good night! Tip your waitress.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

That was one of the most painful things I've ever had to watch and listen to, EVER. Imagine the speaker (whoever he is) having to check his papers to see what day it is. GAWD...yawn...listening to all that drivel and then on and on about the German Bethel printing facilities as if the world spins on how much (blech) 'spiritual food' is being produced, while your freshly prepared physical food turns as cold and as bland as the spiritual tripe on offer.

We have family members who reminisce about their days 'IN Bethel' - yeah, I guess when you're there, you're IN as in 'IN prison'. They regale us with info that 'you are only privy to if you are IN', what nonsense! Sounds more like morning business meetings with updates on production numbers and hype to "DO MORE". Who needs it? Next time I'm subjected to their blatherings, I'll let them know that this sh*te is up on the 'net' and it's not all they'd like to crack it up to be. Could be enlightening for them to know this drivel is OUT THERE for all the world to see.

Thanks for sharing.

Now up to 2473 views!

r

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Not that this makes it any better but this video is two parts put together. At 7am it's the daily text and comments then prayer. We started to eat after the prayer at 7:15 20 minutes of breakfast & table talk. At 8:35 the drivel began again. Except during Br Losch he went on and on. We only got a 5-10 minute break before 8:35.

I use to think there was something wrong with me for sitting there with no reaction. I remember the stares when I didn't clap or laugh along with everyone else. Reading your reactions confirms it wasn't me it was them.

• Gayle
    Gayle

yeah, I guess when you're there, you're IN as in 'IN prison'.

Back in the early 70s, there were, even vocally, many that were doing their 'count-down' of days yet they had to serve to complete their 'vow' of 4 years, at Bethel. Though many were, just breaking their vow (which was a horrible sin, not a DF but almost).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit