Could you eat breakfast after watching this at Bethel?

by Dogpatch 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

What I find surprising when looking at this video is the lack of vitality in them all. They look scared, lifeless. They certainly don't look like "the happiest people on earth" as the WT claims. Do they?

Where is the holy spirit in these people? Godrulz will have a feast day if he watches this video.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Shhhhhh....Wonderment...don't tempt fate....

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

This brought back really bad memories...it's hard to believe I sat through over 3,000 of these snoozefests...

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Darknight I sent you a PM

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They look scared

Bethel is run on fear and intimidation. (Imagine the congregation BS x 10)

Regarding this video, however, keep in mind the the 'commenters' were just random Bethelites, pre-assigned, who knew they were on-camera, in front of more than 3,000 people.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Boring dooms day drivel.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This was a complete waste of time. Watching it from my computer, I could do other little things that needed to get done. However, imagine your food sitting there getting cold while you are listening to this crap. Also, at home I had a bar that let me know how much was left--and the program wasn't even done by the time it reached the end of the video at some 22 minutes! At Beth Hell, you didn't have that benefit. Instead of eating, you had to listen to this crap that had nothing to do with anything. Explaining about how the work is progressing can take all morning and then some, and yet you were expected to sit there and listen to it while the flies ate your food.

Bad enough that they wasted nearly a whole minute fumbling with the microphone first thing. Then they wasted more time with technical issues trying to get the comments--I bet they never wasted that much time getting the groups out in field circus in the morning. Then, after the prayer, they ramble on another 15 minutes (more, because the video ended while the program was still in progress) before they could eat. Which I think was extremely rude of those holding up breakfast. Bear in mind that those people still had to finish breakfast on time so they could get to work, no matter how much time was wasted on this crap.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I feel sorry for all past, present and future Bethelites who had/have and will endure this torture. It would have been more humble for them to just say a short and thankful prayer for the food and eat instead of this need of forced study before a meal. Such a high controlling clan they are.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Almost 1500 views in less than 24 hours. This thread has an audience. I imagine this thread will probably be responsible for a few people to change their minds and not apply for Bethel, and that's a good thing.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I know I must be different but after my first four years of marriage serving where the need was great, being at Bethel was wonderful.

While I was pioneering with 10 other pioneer only two of which could stand the fact that I was alive breathing person one of them being my husband all the other hated my guts and made that quite clear to me, I was so depressed pioneering I used to wonder if I slit my wrist while I was out in service would any one notice or care. I passed out once while in service and the sister I was with got ticked off at me for upsetting her day.

Pioneering was hell we had one nut case MS that went crazy and was threatening to kill my husband and myself he would come in to where I worked and tell me I was as good as dead. Where we lived marijuana was one of the cash crops grown and the last thing these marijuana farmers wanted was some stupid JW snooping around and a lot of the JW's did snoop believe it or not, so we had guns drawn on us a lot while out in service.

Anyway after being in a place that hated me Bethel was not that bad, at least I did not fear for my life.

It took me about a year to really understand Bethel was not what it seemed. I truly think I was just so glad to get away from really crazy stuff that the crazy stuff at Bethel seemed OK in comparison.

Pioneering was hell compared to Bethel, plus I at least go to eat meals with my husband something that never happened when we pioneered.

Cult Classic is right though having a bad table head would make you Bethel life hell.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit