I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Age of Grace/Church Age has been 2000 years. The time of intense wrath will be about 3.5 years. Mercy triumphs over judgment. Even in the OT, He would allow centuries to repent before He removed the cancer that was destroying humanity (extreme sin/evil). WT details about Armageddon are not right, especially misguided ideas about zapping the clergy/Catholics first, etc. Many will be saved during this time. I believe many JWs, Mormons, Muslims will come to Christ before His visible return.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

OR, perhaps it just took centuries for something to happen in the normal course of human events that could THEN be said to be god's judgement. Babylon smashed Judah and then the prophets can say, "See, I TOLD you so," but in reality Babylon conquered many smaller nations--it would have happened anyway.

NC

• godrulz
    godrulz

Possible, but plausible? Theists and atheists must account for history. I believe history is His Story. Even secular history notes all the religious issues through the centuries. Daniel shows us that God is sovereign over history, transcendent, yet immanent (and imminent and eminent). Do you think any of the Bible is accurate historical narrative (even if you think much is myth)?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, goody...

Godrulz is preaching off-topic again...

Dude, we're trying to ASSUAGE her fears, not EXACERBATE them!!!

Zid the She-Devil

• flipper
    flipper

CHEMICAL EMOTIONS- Don't worry. WT society is not right about anything that affects you, your loved ones, or your future. They are a scam organization trying to dupe members in order to profit from their fears of the future. Just go live your life in a positive way - there IS no Armageddon or big, bad future. Take care

• moshe
    moshe

Scared? You need not worry about the WT being right. If you bet on the WT you are sure to lose.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL. It's 36 years since this talk was given... http://www.archive.org/details/WhatIsTheSignficanceOf1975

Time makes fools of the Watchtower Society...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There are a lot of things to worry about. But the framework promulgated by the watchtower real estate development corporation has no relation to our current reality.

One of the things to keep in mind, there are problems, big problems; but the solution is not in the watchtower, or a mythical end time prediction.

Let's try to solve the problems instead of hoping for some sort of god intervention.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a common fear for someone raised in a high control religion. A point to remember that may help you is that it is not unique, children of similar religions share the same fears. At least your fear is simply non-existence. If you had left the Catholic Church you could have a morbid fear of eternal torture.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Re: I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

You need not be scared. Although Pastor Russell learned the truth about hell from the Adventists, every doctrine which is both unique and original to Jehovah's Witnesses is in fact extra-biblical hogwash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit