I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ahhhh......

No.

The Watchtower Society right about EVERYthing??? Hell, they can't seem to get ONE thing right - oh, except that something DID happen in 1914 - World War 1...

But since they used the WRONG date to arrive at the date of 1914 - 607 B.C. instead of the CORRECT date of Jerusalem's fall to Babylon, 586 - 587 B.C., then even THAT doesn't count!!

They were WRONG about the "lord" coming in 1874. Wrong about 1914. Wrong about 1918. Wrong about "miracle" wheat. Wrong about pyramidology predicting bible prophecies. Wrong about the "great crowd" in 1932 [I think that's when Rutherford divided people into those that would have a heavenly hope, and those stuck on earth...]

Wrong about 1940. Wrong about Russia being the "King of the North" - Russia basically dissolved, which eliminated THAT version of Daniel's "fulfillment"... Wrong about vaccines. Wrong about organ transplants. Wrong about blood "fractions" since they eventually "allowed" their use. Wrong about psychiatry and psychology - though they still eschew those medical fields and counsel mentally-ill JWs to "study harder and pray more" - or is that, "study more and pray harder..."??

Speaking of "Armageddon", they were wrongwrongWRONGWRON G about that in 1914, 1918, 1925, 1940, 1975, 2000, and so on... I heartily doubt that they'll EVER get that one right!!!

Hope that relieves your mind. If not - then do some research yourself - look up information in OLD Watchtower literature and see how many "prophecies" you can find - then see if you can find ANY that were fulfilled!!!

Zid the She-Devil

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Hi Chemical....

Everything the Watchtower teaches about who we are is the opposite of the truth..... it is insidiously ingenius mind control.

I think this'll make ya feel better....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/199015/1/The-Cosmic-Joke

• godrulz
    godrulz

The weather is unsettled here in Alberta. I now speak in parables.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

godrulz - Note posting guideline #10.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Drat...I did break # 10, but so did you. Your post does not have anything to do with scared of WTBTS. Hypocrite.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

My advice would be to start from scratch if you can. What I mean is try not to assume that things you believe in are necessarily true, even if you are convinced they are, but ask yourself why you believe them.

Maybe even write your thinking down, or try to imagine how you would convince someone who didn't understand your beliefs, why you hold them. As you do that, you will make a number of assumptions - for example "I believe the Bible is literally true", these assumptions may lead to error if they are incorrect. If it is possible, try to identify these assumptions (you may need a hand with this). This process may lead you to a more objective view of the things you know for a fact to be true, and things you believe to be true, and perhaps more importantly, why you believe them.

I don't think this is an easy process and it is easier if you have a friend or confidante who can be neutral and objective and not try to influence your thinking with their own beliefs. Maybe it is part of human nature to cling to certainty in life (and death), however it is dangerous IMHO to adopt a set of beliefs without really understanding why, or to be led to them gradually and seduced by a religious organisation - speaking from painful experience!

There is a great deal of information freely available now. Don't rush. Take time to do your research and ask questions. Don't be bullied into fear by religious zealots (or atheistic ones lol).

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

This page could help you. This site changed my life, and I owe Mr Grundy a debt of gratitude. [url]http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php[/url]

• godrulz
    godrulz

WT is right about somethings (generic Bible principles), but wrong about many things (essential doctrinal truths and practices...e.g. blood, holidays, disfellowshipping, etc.).

• Bella15
    Bella15

You know, this morning I saw a rainbow over my neighborhood, of course, I am reminded of the God's first covenant

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

If you still believe in the bible ... Have you ever wonder, ponder about this ... have you asked God to give you insight into this ... to this day we still see the rainbow ... is God teasing us ... is He being cruel ... reminding us constantly that He will never use the waters to destroy all life BUT He will use fire, lighting, earthquakes, hail and all the depictions of the book of Revelations --LOL!

Is the Watchtower Armageddon the same "biblical Armageddon" - a literal place on earth?

There is a lot to ponder regarding what were taught in the past ... do not be afraid, take courage and ask God to teach you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit