I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is nothing truthful about the WTS. for they are exploiting and commercializing the

embellishing stories told about certain ancient gods and what these particular gods were

going to do for the people who were worshiping them.

So the real truth is the WTS. is selling mythological stories and isn't that interesting since

the WTS. is a publishing house.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I felt that way off and on during the first 6 months after my departure. Then sanity kicked in and I realized it to be nothing more than a fear tactic.

The further away you get, the less JW you become and you can see them and their tactics for what they really are. You'll be fine.

• blondie
    blondie

If you are afraid that the WTS might be right, you have not done enough indepth personal examination of their beliefs and may be once again depending on the statements and research of others, other ex-jws rather than other jws in the past.

Prove it yourself....then there will be no doubts and no going back.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Debunking doctrine is a piece of the puzzle but it is the simple part because Borg doctrine is demonstrably wrong in so many ways. The fact is, the fear is residual mind control that hasn't been purged yet. Getting the indoctrinated phobias out of your mind is the important thing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I do not fear any of the propaganda the watchtower smashed relentlessly into my brain.

They are filthy darned liars after money and power.

No way do I allow their fear tactics to make me go back into that austere, delusional life.

As said before, Steven Hassan's book: 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' is the bizz!

Sorry the WTB$ has given you these feelings.

The GB are filth.

• Mad Sweeney
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I don't know you or your boyfriend and for that reason I've never considered your survival odds.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In over 130 years..

When has the WBT$ ever been Right?..

When?..

WBT$ GB..

Smiley Dumb Ass Club..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It's normal when you just get out of it. Heck it took me years to not be scared of the dark after I watched a horror movie by myself. LOL

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

My observation would be that knowledge is power. It isn't necessary to do much research to see that WTBS is an organisation which is at least as full of holes as every other religion. The more you know, the more you will realise that if there is some 'truth' out there, Jehovah's Witnesses do not have it (and neither does anyone else as far as I can see so far).

You would think if there was a God-sponsored organisation out there, he would make it a bit more obvious wouldn't you? I wouldn't accept suggestions that "well Israel wasn't perfect, and neither were the Apostles" as that requires one to accept that both were what is claimed for them - which is a rather circular argument.

For what it is worth, my advise would be read around the subject. Ask questions of those who have been involved. Understand the history of the organisation and do not surrender your own powers of reasoning to anyone... and keep doing it :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit