I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• godrulz
    godrulz

God reveals truth for our good. He wants us to love Him, but He also wants His enemies to fear His wrath in the hopes to turn them from their wicked ways to righteousness through the death/resurrection of Christ. It is not good to not fear poison or bad killers. Let us not divorce God's love from His holiness. Let us not bring God down and lift the goodness of ourselves up (if this was reality, the cross is superfluous).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

Nah. they say they're right using persuasive hypnotic language and propaganda techniques. Then they change their minds and what you were told you had to believe (or face disfellowshipping), becomes 'not right'.

It's be easier to count on one hand what they DID get right!

We all know they didn't apologise for the false prediction of 1975, they blamed US for our 'expectations'.

The GB are cranks, frauds and power/money hungry dirt.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@punkofnice I agree.

@ OP: However I would say that to ease your concerns you really need to consider doing some of your own research (if you're not already) otherwise you risk simply being buffeted around by other people's opinions, including religious maniacs like the former frequent-poster who shall remain nameless.

The trouble with simply listening to other's opinions is that if they have done more research and sound more confident, it can be very difficult not to be pursuaded by what is known as an argument from authority. It is dangerous to you to accept this this type of argument For example, you might say "much of what "Fred Bloggs" has said is true. "Fred Bloggs" is now saying XYZ - so XYZ is, or probably is true. It is a logical nonsense of course, but without a least a little personal research it may be hard to dispute (or confirm - after all Fred may be correct).

Without this, it seems to me you would be placing your trust in "Fred Bloggs" and your belief relies on him being correct and telling the truth. This is how some of us ended up getting involved with Jehovah's Witnesses in the first place.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Tralfamadorian: I really liked your post, thanks.

punkofnice: ...persuasive hypnotic language...

Hypnotic is right! I actually feel a bit like I'm being forced to believe what I don't actually believe when I read their literature, even nowadays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit