I'm scared sometimes that the WTBTS might be right about everything.

by Chemical Emotions 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I wake up thinking: What if my boyfriend and I die a terrifying death during Armageddon? With no hope of any life afterwards?

Do any of you ever feel that way?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you'd like to get rid of these irrational fears, please read Steve Hassan's first book.

However, it's perfectly normal for ex-cult members to fear whatever Boogey Man was used by their cult. Armageddon, Hell, Demons, etc.

• barefootmarley
    barefootmarley

yeah, sometimes i do. i think of my daughter. i have a lot of what ifs. years after leaving i still am confused. i dont even know who to pray to

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

leavingwt: Thank you, I'll check that out. Sounds familiar.

barefootmarley:I understand. It's very confusing and scary sometimes.

• umadevi
    umadevi

what if you are right and they are Wrong? Imagine spending our whole lives within the org only to realize that they have been wrong all along...

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Chemical Emotions - This is my son's number one concern, that I will die at Armageddon. How is that fear different from being sent to hell? If God would not torture a person in hell, why would he make them suffer a horrible death at Armageddon? It is not logical to me, thus it is irrational.

All religion is obsessed with death. To them our present existence is only a bridge to heaven, paradise on earth, nirvana, another planet and so on. My realization of this fact was sobering. I have spent so much of my life worried about dying that I have never really enjoyed life. No more. We are all going to die. The question is, are we going to live?

• godrulz
    godrulz

This is exactly what motivates me to take abuse here and point to Jesus (come to Him for life, abundant and eternal). One should not fear WT versions of things, but the reality is that the Holy Spirit still draws all men to the real Jesus, convicts them of sin, warns them of future judgment, etc. Just because WT screwed all this up does not mean there is still not biblical truth and a real Jesus to trust.

I cannot imagine the horror of realizing one has given their lives to a false cult and still end up separated from God forever despite all the religious works. This is why the gospel of grace is good news. Come to Him all you who are weary and burdened...the Prince of Peace will give you rest that religion cannot.

One should not be scared that the WT is right. There is a wealth of evidence to bring it down. One should be scared that there is a holy God and that the Bible is right if we are rejecting its truths.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Fortunately it's pretty easy to get over those fears. Just get specific with yourself. Ask, "what specifically am I thinking they might be right about?", then go research.

viola; that used-to-be-vague-but-now-specific fear - gone - in however many minutes or hours or at most days it takes you to research any one issue. Move on to the next specific issue you aren't sure about.

The nice thing is that with even a little bit of research, you realize that if they can be so damn stupid, and worse, dishonest, about this or that, they are going to be idiotic and dishonest about every.single.thing. So you'll lose your worries that they have anything right fairly quickly. Try it, you'll see.

ps... if you've already done some research and therefor you can't come up with anything that you still think they might have right, then it's your mind fucking you in your sleep. Just tell it to stop.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Do any of you ever feel that way?

Nope. The more you live away from the Dubs, the more they seem downright silly.

• Diest
    Diest

I used to feel that way untill i realized how they misdirected me with 607.....That brought there whole house of cards down.

Godrulz alll you post is more fear...hellfire....why would i want to leave the thought of the BIG A, just to be spit roasted by your pretend god. Christianity is a cult of fear and guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit